• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wound me right up at the end of the Shampions League Final last night to see Kaka wearing that t-shirt bearing the slogan - I BELONG TO JESUS.

Well that's very nice for you, you overrated piece of Brazilian slime, but DO NOT try ramming that down my throat, or I'll ram my fist down yours.
haha i got an e-mail from a mate saying Kaka in third ownership investigation and showing the pic

They're all the same...Christians, Catholics, Mulsims, Scientologists and Atheists. All spouting their version of The Truth at the expense of all other religions. You're all doomed unless you believe in this NOT that. I don't doubt that it all starts with good intentions but in reality it's just another way to divide us. To quote David Icke (never done that before) "God save us from religion"......

You missed one out ;)

Tis a maddess even more then most (no blood transfusions either !!)
I object to people (even parents) indoctoerating their kids into their erelgion. YEs give them some knowledge of it but not whole scale exclusion of other faiths. YOur faith is your choice you make the decsion (that excludes parents and other authority figures !!)

I did know two JV's from places I've worked at both open minded , and articulate people . HAd no problems with my views and we had a few intresting debates (the 145,000 places in heaven are already taken so the rest are staying here on Earth ).

(the 145,000 places in heaven are already taken so the rest are staying here on Earth ).

Wow...is there some kind of queing system then? Or is it like Glastonbury tickets, you just keep trying and eventually you might get through?

Then again, most religions use the Father Christmas principle don't they? If you're a good boy you get a present AND go to heaven! If you're bad you get a copy of Jamie Oliver's latest self-love-in and boot up your **** all the way to hell. Boooooooooooo!!! :thump:

I hate all forms of doctrines as far as religion goes ...But Spirtuality is a completely different aspect..

Wow...is there some kind of queing system then? Or is it like Glastonbury tickets, you just keep trying and eventually you might get through?

Then again, most religions use the Father Christmas principle don't they? If you're a good boy you get a present AND go to heaven! If you're bad you get a copy of Jamie Oliver's latest self-love-in and boot up your **** all the way to hell. Boooooooooooo!!! :thump:

Sssh some places left on ebay ;)

Not all , but yeah (even those spiffing Norse chaps , you only get to fight for most of eternity (untill Ragnorok anyway (end of world) )If you get s in the front :D . Others your heart gets weighted and your eaten by an amporthic denzin of total destruction , but hey such is ... err death

Liek any issue with organisations, they have "cutomers" and a growing sustanable market . GOt to get those kids in young (goes for the rational lot as well ) Thinking for yourself , are you mad young man where would that leaed . YOull put those poor Alpha males and females out of work ;)

I think some people here get too easily wound up. Just chill out and say, no I'm not interested.

I'm not a big lad and these bloke had to be over or aroung 6 foot after saying no several time you begin to get a bit intimidated I was also a bit grouchy after just waking up.

I'm not a big lad and these bloke had to be over or aroung 6 foot after saying no several time you begin to get a bit intimidated I was also a bit grouchy after just waking up.

bless!

you don't have to talk to them just shut the door in their face!

straw250.jpg

Also one was wearing this, if that doen't freak you out then nothing will

I find saying "I have a real religion thanks" and closing the door in their faces works a treat

Last edited:
I've always found a polite "no thank you, I'm not interested" repeated to everything they say is generally sufficient (and sits well with my personal policy of not disparaging others for their beliefs or lifestyles). But if you find yourself the victim of a group that keep overstepping the mark, and if you're feeling particularly aggrieved and have some time on your hands, then there is plenty of fun to be had with Jehovah's witnesses - with just a little research and self-confidence it's not too difficult to find plenty of win-win debate with members of a cult so swimming in contradiction and dishonesty.

Failing that just tell them you haven't got time to talk as you've got a black pudding under the grill and you don't like it too cooked...

I was in Palermo in Sicily a couple of years back, and saw two American JW's there... they couldn't have been more American if they'd tried... shiny suits, white shirts, close cropped hair...

So, I wandered over and said "Good morning chaps, what brings you to Sicily?" to which came the monotone reply: "We are here on a mission from God."

The cheeky boy in me couldn't help but reply: "Oh, are there not enough Christians in Italy, then?"

They looked back at me with total incomprehension. If that isn't being brainwashed, then I don't know what is... and I say that as someone who is (a) a committed Christian; and (b) who thinks the JWs are complete bloody freaks.

Matt

Don't wish to antagonise, but doors shut as well as open.

Lot's of balanced comments on here and I must say I agree with the vast majority about the corrupting influence of religion and the over zealous nature that the various devotees adopt in attracting new followers.

I will say though, that the majority of people I know that follow 'newer' religions, and by that I mean JW's (Although I'll get shot down for saying it's a new religion), Mormons etc are by far the worst. A mate of mine has recently completed the Alpha Course and he's a totally changed person. Some for the good I must say, but an awful lot of his natural charm and exuberance have disappeared and he seems a lot more earnest in his views.

When I was a kid (about 13), I had terrible trouble with tendonitis and was off school for ages. One afternoon I was alone while my Mum went next door for some reason and I had two JW's on the door within minutes. I asked if God was so powerful and giving, whywas I in such pain. The upsot of their response was that I was being punished for some sin. I shut the door on them and was horrified. Mum arrived back minutes later and asked me what was wrong, and I told her.

I've never seen her move so fast as when she went after the JW's. Don't thnk they've been back since, and that was 24 years ago. What a reputation!

Back