• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 2016

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
Thought it's about time to get this started.

And with no better way to start it with a brilliant rumour. Renault will be dumping crash happy Maldonado and replacing him with recently released Kevin Magnussen. Apparently the £20m that Pastor normally brings has dried up and they weren't going to keep him on his driving ability alone, because that is non existent!

If that`s all the news - it is going to be a snorefest again

If McLaren don't come out with a competitive car and Ferrari don't improve then yes it will be. Rosberg and Hamilton taking it in turns to throw tantrums and sulk, with Vettel sat in awkward press conferences taking the ****.

Monza not confirmed yet. Typical Bernie, you've got to love his quotes:

""They said to me a few months ago 'everything is sorted out, and it's all agreed and no dramas'.
Now I heard yesterday it's become very political. They'll get on with it. Or not."

Auto club of Italy say a few minor details need sorting. Bernie says
""There's no deadline. They can take as long as they like, provided it's by the end of February,".

Look out for losing Monza and having it with replaced with another Middle eastern go kart track.

Monza not confirmed yet. Typical Bernie, you've got to love his quotes:

""They said to me a few months ago 'everything is sorted out, and it's all agreed and no dramas'.
Now I heard yesterday it's become very political. They'll get on with it. Or not."

Auto club of Italy say a few minor details need sorting. Bernie says
""There's no deadline. They can take as long as they like, provided it's by the end of February,".

Look out for losing Monza and having it with replaced with another Middle eastern go kart track.

To be fair, Monza has had the fun taken out of it with the runoff around Parabolica, the run-offs at the chicanes were changed too - and no one can slipstream anymore. It'd be sad to see it go, but it's not provided a good race for ages, and that doesn't look like it's going to change.

well there are at least 2 foes Drs zones and if they took out the first Chicane they could have three. not ideal but in these days of manufactured racing it would improve things.
Bringing back fat tyres and enforcing a front wing which has to be made from 5 flats pieces would give us back some drafting.

Halo cockpits for 2017 apparently. Fine by me.

Also interesting that they are considering, for this year, an elimination qualification process. If it's anything like cycling elimination then it could be seriously great. Like having a mini race. Big fan of this if the teams approve it. Anything to make qualifying a more exciting spectacle, and add a bit more variation into the Sunday race.

Halo cockpits for 2017 apparently. Fine by me.

Also interesting that they are considering, for this year, an elimination qualification process. If it's anything like cycling elimination then it could be seriously great. Like having a mini race. Big fan of this if the teams approve it. Anything to make qualifying a more exciting spectacle, and add a bit more variation into the Sunday race.

My only issue with the halo is that there is a strut right in front of the driver. I wonder what kind of blind spot that will create? I'm sure people far cleverer than me have thought of that though.

My only issue with the halo is that there is a strut right in front of the driver. I wonder what kind of blind spot that will create? I'm sure people far cleverer than me have thought of that though.

I read something a while ago saying that in the simulators the drivers didn't seem overly bothered. I guess on long bends it might obstruct the apex or exit point but in general i doubt it'd be too much of an issue. They'll adapt pretty quick.

Kvyat dropped to Toro Rosso and Max Verstappen promoted, which seems a sensible decision but really brutal at the same time.

Kvyat dropped to Toro Rosso and Max Verstappen promoted, which seems a sensible decision but really brutal at the same time.

Kvyat is lucky he hasn't had his head taken off by Vettel. I agree slightly harsh but great news for Max, think he will be a world champion in the not too distant future.

Did anyone else see the end of the race at the weekend? Hamilton seemed very muted in his celebrations! 2nd is a great achievement it's not like he didn't score. Think he is starting to throw his toys out of the pram because he isn't winning!

I was just going to say, "It's suddenly got interesting again". If Rosberg would not got going again on the final lap Hamilton would be winning the championship.

I'd love for the other teams to be more competitive, seeing Verstappen on the top step has been the highlight of an overall boring start to the season. The Ferrari's have been pretty unimpressive and the biggest disappointment has been the Williams team.

I'd love for the other teams to be more competitive, seeing Verstappen on the top step has been the highlight of an overall boring start to the season. The Ferrari's have been pretty unimpressive and the biggest disappointment has been the Williams team.

I said much the same during the "Vettel years". I guess I like it now because there's a Brit in contention.

I said much the same during the "Vettel years". I guess I like it now because there's a Brit in contention.

I've never been the biggest fan of Hamilton but I can't deny his talent. Vettel dedicates all his time to F1 and preparing yet Hamilton has this Hollywood lifestyle, hanging out with all sorts of celebs starting a rap career. Rocks up at the GP and just destroys everyone, he has the talent but I do think having the car has helped him. If you had Vettel, Alonso, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Bottas etc in the same car it wouldn't be as close. The other manufacturers need to buck their ideas up and catch up. The Adrian Newey/Vettel days were frustrating as were the Schumacher days. I think I'm just getting bored of F1, I watched the whole of the Isle of Mann TT and that was sensational! The MotoGP is always entertaining too.

I've never been the biggest fan of Hamilton but I can't deny his talent. Vettel dedicates all his time to F1 and preparing yet Hamilton has this Hollywood lifestyle, hanging out with all sorts of celebs starting a rap career. Rocks up at the GP and just destroys everyone, he has the talent but I do think having the car has helped him. If you had Vettel, Alonso, Verstappen, Ricciardo, Bottas etc in the same car it wouldn't be as close. The other manufacturers need to buck their ideas up and catch up. The Adrian Newey/Vettel days were frustrating as were the Schumacher days. I think I'm just getting bored of F1, I watched the whole of the Isle of Mann TT and that was sensational! The MotoGP is always entertaining too.

Cheer up Ricey, it was worth it for this:

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...vettel-i-watched-the-seagulls-and-i-locked-up

I've never been the biggest fan of Hamilton but I can't deny his talent. Vettel dedicates all his time to F1 and preparing yet Hamilton has this Hollywood lifestyle, hanging out with all sorts of celebs starting a rap career. Rocks up at the GP and just destroys everyone, he has the talent but I do think having the car has helped him.

Very much in the James Hunt style. However, I think the car also helped Vettel. After all, he's not been anywhere near as prolific recently.

I didn't see that! That's brilliant, both of them are really funny and down to earth there. Ever since Vettel left Red Bull he seems to have settled down and become quite a funny character. His messing around with Rosberg and Hamilton in the press conferences has always been funny.

his impression of Kimi is a classic.

[video=youtube;JGItMTxvbpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGItMTxvbpc[/video]

Back