• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 back on the BBC - Who would you want to commentate on it?

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Was talking about this earlier with Mr Vange Shrimper and his brother, with the BBC now having the rights of showing the F1 from next year, who would you like to have doing the commentary on it, a sort-of new Murray Walker? There's a rumour going round that Richard Hammond might front the show, but who would you want in the commentary box and in the Pit Lane?

I reckon Jeremy Clarkson doing commentary and James May in the pit lane might make quite good viewing!

i quite like Martin Brundell... if not then a retired racer like jonny herbert, eddie irvine or someone would be good. richard hammond presenting would be pretty smart, I'm sure the Top Gear boys would get involved at random times!

Anybody apart from John Motson!!.

The old boy is a complete embarrassment these days - time to find him a place in a home for the mentally deranged.

Quite like Eddie Irvine, but think his accent might be a little hard to understand during the race. It was discussed somewhere recently on here, I'd like Damon Hill to be involved in the build up somewhere, but full marks to the Top Gear link up suggestion - that would liven things up a bit!

I remember another Irishman John Watson being pretty good. Rather in the way Murray Walker moved to ITV when they got the F1 contract, I expect Martin Brundle will form part of the commentary team.

As for Jeremy Clarkson, no thanks, the man is utter buffoon only matched in buffoonery by John McCrirrick & Henry bloody Blofeld.

But it would make it more fun though, don't you think? Besides, I'd prefer Hamster to take more of a lead role, but then that's probably just a woman thing!

I liked John Watson too, back in the days as it goes, him and Damon would probably work quite well together.

As for Jeremy Clarkson, no thanks, the man is utter buffoon only matched in buffoonery by John McCrirrick & Henry bloody Blofeld.

Oh I say do calm down old chap

_813270_newblofeld300.jpg

Damon Hill and Eddie Irvine/ Johnny Herbert would be my choices.

I can't see Brundle moving over. The rivalry between ITV and BBC is stronger than ever these days, and i can see the Beeb wanting a completely new, fresh start in terms of personnel. Damon Hill would be an excellent choice.....still involved in F1 as president of the BRDC and did a great job filling in for Brundle at the Turkish GP last season. Jonny Herbert and Eddie Irvine wouldn't be bad either, but I'd prefer Hill. As for the play-by-play, who knows? Hopefully it won't be James Allen, he's been a huge disappointment.

And as for Murray......? Well as I understand it, he's had some involvement in race broadcasts on BBC 5 Live for the past few seasons and has commentated on the odd race here and there. Maybe they should adopt the same system on BBC ONE? Have him as the guest lead commentator for 4 or 5 races per season?

On a different note, but not starting a new thread, has anyone seen the new Valencia and Singapore tracks for this season? Well looking forward to them races!

Back