• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 General Chat Thread

Cracking qualifying session, 3rd place only 0.086 of a second off pole-position.

Tough for Albon but probably the right decision taken, will look forward to seeing what Checo can do in the RB next season.

Thoroughly deserved position taken at Red Bull by SP https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/55367539
Would've been a real shame if he didn't get a seat on the grid next year....

Yep a great move for Checo! His ability alone justifies him a seat but with the Mexican financial backing he brings he was always going to get a seat. I didn’t expect that one but absolutely over the moon for him. I was gutted when it didn’t work out at Mclaren.

Im gutted for Albon, he comes across really well in the Netflix F1 programme. Better than Gasly I thought who came across a bit wingey. He’ll probably do a Kyvat have a season out and be back next season.

Yes, I agree about Albon @Ricey but his time'll come - sooner rather than later hopefully. Some of the moves he pulled off this season were first class, I just think he was always going to play second fiddle to MV.

Perez on the other hand - this could well be his time to shine. Dealt a rotten blow at McLaren and then at Racing Point, I agree his sponsors money would undoubtedly have been a carrot but then Dietrich Mateschitz isn't exactly short of a few bob, eh ? I really believe this move was more for his ability. We'll see - it'll certainly make for one of the more interesting team pairings next season and looking forward to it too.

Feel sorry for Jonathan Rea, he wasn’t even nominated. He’s been the World Superbike World Champion 6 times in a row now. Seems to just get overlooked.

Is it because he just has the fastest bike?

That helps, I can see what you’re getting at. Personally I’m not a fan of Rea and as for personality it’s non existent. Just very surprised he wasn’t even in the running this year.

Although this year Scott Redding, another Brit gave him a run for his money early on and then Rea picked up and just showed his class.

Feel sorry for Jonathan Rea, he wasn’t even nominated. He’s been the World Superbike World Champion 6 times in a row now. Seems to just get overlooked.
Definitely an exceptional achievement within his sport but Superbike isn't really the pinnacle of motorcycle racing is it?

Hamilton wouldn't be such a household name/SPOTY winner if he'd won 7 Touring Car championships. I don't think Andy Priaulx was nominated for his 3 WTCC titles in a row?

Definitely an exceptional achievement within his sport but Superbike isn't really the pinnacle of motorcycle racing is it?

Hamilton wouldn't be such a household name/SPOTY winner if he'd won 7 Touring Car championships. I don't think Andy Priaulx was nominated for his 3 WTCC titles in a row?

World Superbikes back in the days of Carl Fogarty was the pinnacle. MotoGP has overtaken that in the last 10-15 years and with the dominance of Rossi, Stoner and Marquez, it’s been very interesting this year.

How about 2 time Indianapolis 500 winner and 2005 IndyCar champion, the late Dan Wheldon? Most Brits have or had never heard of him

How about 2 time Indianapolis 500 winner and 2005 IndyCar champion, the late Dan Wheldon? Most Brits have or had never heard of him

I remember watching his crash, that was awful!

Back