• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1: New Scoring System

Harold Bishop Killer

Got bummed around Aus
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7749751.stm

A very radical changed plan from 2009. Has its pros and cons. Would definitely increase chances and risks taken. But would surely disheartening the smaller guys like Torro Rosso as they know they will not be able to compete to get in the top 3! Even the likes of Honda may not be happy. You can almost guarantee every racd will have 3 from a possible 6/7 and everyone else is just there to be in the way. Think its not the answer but maybe a extension of points between places is more favourable. So 12 for a win, 8 for 2nd, 5 for 3rd - something like that.

erm... how can they say the last race of this season was not exciting??

This is a stupid plan

You could come second every race and a different driver win all the races, and not be world chap, despite the fact you are clearly the most consistent driver?

Last edited:
F1 World Cup

Thought Ecclestone wanted the following coloured medals for each race?

1st. = Red
2nd. = Silver
3rd. = Any Colour

Or it could have been

1st. = Red
2nd. = Red
3rd. = Silver

This will really hurt the smaller teams and manufacturers who do not have a realistic chance of breaking into the top three. How will it improve the racing? If you are running 4th to 22nd there would be no incentive to overtake if there are no medals or points to be won?

Crazy idea if you ask me, why change a winning formula? ;)

Last edited:
all we'll see is more people taking each other off the track in crazy moves. Hamilton gets done for safe overtaking moves, so what is going to happen if he does Massa to get Gold and Massa flies off the track?!

I don't really see any point in changing it.. except to maybe having the old 4 point winning margin for 1st place, so something like 10,6,4,3,2,1

all we'll see is more people taking each other off the track in crazy moves. Hamilton gets done for safe overtaking moves, so what is going to happen if he does Massa to get Gold and Massa flies off the track?!

I don't really see any point in changing it.. except to maybe having the old 4 point winning margin for 1st place, so something like 10,6,4,3,2,1

They axed that scoring system to level out the field and make it closer. Now its done that, they're unhappy and want to make it 'more about winning' again.

Why do people always meddle with sports that have been around and worked perfectly well for 40 odd years?

Interesting to note, however, that both the teams and the drivers are in favour of the new scoring system overall. This isn't something that's sprung up overnight.

The one currently used was only introduced to give Ferrari a bit of competition after the procession that was the 2002 season. Now there's a much more even playing field I think it's ridiculous that there was just a two point margin between 1st and 2nd when in a lot of races the winner was literally a mile ahead of everyone else.

I say give it a chance.

Horrible idea. I understand the reasoning but in practice it will ruin F1. What's the point in taking part for the lads that aren't in the top 8 or so? None whatsoever.

It also eliminates the unseemly spectacle of middle-of-the-field cars, having been lapped, also picking up points just for turning up. As for Toro Rosso, previously mentioned, they won a race this season, as did BMW Sauber and Renault. Far from it eliminating competition, it could actually intensify it.

What a load of ****! I would consider whether it would be worth watching F1 if they brought this new system into play.

What a load of ****! I would consider whether it would be worth watching F1 if they brought this new system into play.

well your beloved Massa would have won if it was scored this way this season!

Back