• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

F1 to Sky

As a humble terrestrial viewer, I'm really disappointed about this. I can't help feeling that sport is being taken away from the masses in this country because of the greed of the few. Why did the BBC bid against ITV for this sport if they were just going to sell it out so shortly afterwards?

Perhaps I can say that I don't want to have to pay out for a BBC license any longer and I will just take out a sky subscription instead!

The previous deal with ITV was terminated early in favour of the Beeb, simply with their cuts thet can't afford F1. Can't say I'm fussed it's turned into a procession punctuated by pit stops in recent years.

This season has been much improved, with more overtaking and 3 teams are currently challenging.

The Beeb's coverage is the best that it's ever been and it's currently enjoying a high in viewing figures. So they cut it.

Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport, said:

"We are absolutely delighted that F1 will remain on the BBC.

"The sport has never been more popular with TV audiences at a 10-year high and the BBC has always stated its commitment to the big national sporting moments.

No doubt more money will be put into crap Saturday night shows that no-one cares about or is interested about.

The Beeb's coverage is the best that it's ever been and it's currently enjoying a high in viewing figures. So they cut it.

No doubt more money will be put into crap Saturday night shows that no-one cares about or is interested about.

Indeed, the coverage is fantastic. Jake, Eddie and David work together really well as pundits with Martin Brundell fantastic as always. I love it when they show the head-to-head qualifying laps, fantastic stuff!

With Sky we'll have Keysey wanting to hang out of the back of the pit lane girls, Andy Gray roaring 'TIK A BOOW' at every overtake/start/pitstop, and Chris Kamara accidentally finding his way onto the track midrace.

Back