• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Player poll and result prediction now added. Hamilton and McLaughlin are both available for this game.

So, Dover Athletic...

Surely we can beat this lot? Can’t we!?

Dover are currently 12th in the National League
Last 6 games read: W1 D2 L3 (that win was in the FAC v Weymouth)

Fylde 0-0 A
Stockport 0-1 H
Weymouth 2-1 A
Aldershot 0-4 A
Notts Co 2-2 H
Halifax 0-2 H

Their top scorer is Inih Effiong; a journeyman (14 lower level NL clubs & Ross County) who has scored 9 this season for Dover.

They don’t seem to have any players of note.

Really need to win this one, and should do. It may be the lift the team needs, cannot even contemplate defeat.

What could possibly go wrong?

In theory Hamilton and McLaughlin should be fully rested and eager to go. If true that could make our midfield a bit more combative than of late. I actually think we will win this one easily.

In theory Hamilton and McLaughlin should be fully rested and eager to go. If true that could make our midfield a bit more combative than of late. I actually think we will win this one easily.

Ho ho and indeed ho. I can see us struggle to scrape a 1-1 draw and lose the replay.

Was Pompey the thudding sound to tell us that we had actually hit the bottom? Whilst Dover presents the obvious chance of a banana skin (that's, as someone pointed out above, why the cameras will be there), it does provide the opportunity to put a marker down in beginning to stop the rot. Hopefully Hutchinson won't be toiling on his own as the spark of creativity and width in midfield, with the likely return of McLaughlin and Hamilton. No one expected much from the last three games, this Cup game is different Saturday gives us the chance to restore some pride and confidence and it's why I now consider it as one of our most important games of the season.

Surely this has to be Taylor's chance..?

After last night, why not..:Stunned:
IMO, with no midfield and not venturing over the half-way line means that they're always going to be on time and a half

This for me:
Bishop
Bwomono Dieng Shaughnessy Ralph
Hutchinson Hyam Hamilton McLaughlin
Hopper Goodship

If Hyam’s fit he can’t do any worse than Milligan has recently so might as well give him a go. The centre backs are a tough call, Dieng the midfielder, embarrassingly, has probably been the most consistent there since Campbell has come in so will probably start. Shaughnessy probably the best of a bad bunch to start alongside him. No idea how good or ready Taylor but giving him a chance could be tempting if Sol has seen enough from him.

McLaughlin and Hutchinson/Ndukwu have to start on the wings. We desperately need some width.

So, Dover Athletic...

Surely we can beat this lot? Can’t we!?

Dover are currently 12th in the National League
Last 6 games read: W1 D2 L3 (that win was in the FAC v Weymouth)

Fylde 0-0 A
Stockport 0-1 H
Weymouth 2-1 A
Aldershot 0-4 A
Notts Co 2-2 H
Halifax 0-2 H

Their top scorer is Inih Effiong; a journeyman (14 lower level NL clubs & Ross County) who has scored 9 this season for Dover.

They don’t seem to have any players of note.

Really need to win this one, and should do. It may be the lift the team needs, cannot even contemplate defeat.

What could possibly go wrong?
Not sure where your stats are from but there is a 3-1 Home win in the league against Eastleigh missing there from last Tuesday night.

Not sure where your stats are from but there is a 3-1 Home win in the league against Eastleigh missing there from last Tuesday night.
He left it out because the Southend players read this board and we wanted to give them some hope:Winking:

He left it out because the Southend players read this board and we wanted to give them some hope:Winking:
Can’t select my team as Ridgewell isn’t on the list. He’s probably our only capable defender at the moment, though Demi is another who knows what he’s doing.

Can’t select my team as Ridgewell isn’t on the list. He’s probably our only capable defender at the moment, though Demi is another who knows what he’s doing.
Oh my God @Zeuss that's terrible. To help you to select I've re-introduced our Liam. The way is now open for you to complete your task.:Thumbs up:

This is a hard call for Sol, if he plays his top players then gets injured, the pack on here will be after him, if he selects youngsters in which should be a winnable game and lose, then the pack will be after him costing us Cup run money etc and maybe January Liverpool away

Personally would like to see an attacking side in first half and go for the throat, then bring on the youngsters and see what they can give

Dover are 12 th in their division, hardly pulling up trees

Bishop
Demetriou - Lennon - Kiernan - Taylor
McLaughlin - Dieng - Milligan - Ndukwu
Cox - Hopper

Even if they’d lost their last 6 it won’t make any difference.

And if any players are reading this; please, please, please win this by any means necessary. I need a week off the beer... something else to numb the pain! ie: a win! (But then maybe more beers to celebrate.

Just win the f’in match blues!!

Back