• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
WTF?

That can't be right. When I purchased my tickets on-line yesterday it said if tickets weren't collected by midday(?) Friday then they would be sent to the away club for collection.

I live in London, there's no way I'll be able to get down to the club today or tomorrow to collect.

If such ridiculous conditions were being attached, why weren't tickets on sale after our last home game when I could have picked them up?

Ticket office just called me to check that I am going to collect my ticket before the game. As it happens I am in Southend Saturday, so can collect it. Apparently Dover have said they cannot handle distribution of tickets on the day.

This will be our turning point! 4-1 win and we will then have a fortnight to get properly fit and come back with a proper game plan for the remainder of the season which will see us comfortably in mid table......................and then the drugs wore off and I fell out of bed

This will be our turning point! 4-1 win and we will then have a fortnight to get properly fit and come back with a proper game plan for the remainder of the season which will see us comfortably in mid table......................

there were no drugs

This will be our turning point! 4-1 win and we will then have a fortnight to get properly fit and come back with a proper game plan for the remainder of the season which will see us comfortably in mid table......................and then the drugs wore off and I fell out of bed
Having spent the afternoon in Wethersppons I agree!

Absolutely spot on. It is vital we don't lose this, at minimum bring them back for a replay. Sol has to pick what he believes to be our strongest starting 11.

To be fair I'm not sure we could put out a weaker side if we tried!

PETER Taylor feels Southend United will face a big test when two of his former teams go head-to-head in the first round of the FA Cup this weekend.

More...

DOVER Athletic midfielder Jai Reason cannot wait to line up in the FA Cup first round clash he wanted this weekend.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell insists the Shrimpers will not change their approach for Sunday’s FA Cup first round clash at Dover Athletic.

More...

SOUTHEND United manager Sol Campbell insists the Shrimpers will not change their approach for Sunday’s FA Cup first round clash at Dover Athletic.

More...
I find this slightly worrying. In Sol's tenure so far we've lost all 3 and conceded 12 goals. Hope I'm wrong and we see the new system work for the first time....

I find this slightly worrying. In Sol's tenure so far we've lost all 3 and conceded 12 goals.

12 conceded?, i must have missed 4!.
Sol's baptism was probably the hardest he could have experienced for his 1st 3 games. Had we played for example Rochdale, Rotherham & Accy in those games, we possibly would not have conceded 8, & may have got some points as well?.
Anyway it's all history now, so onwards & upwards from now ( hopefully! ).

Back