• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread FA Cup 1st Round - Dover Athletic Away

What's your starting 11 and result prediction for Saturday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2.43 to win away at a team two divisions lower with seven players out. If we lose this one then we really have no hope... keep the faith .. the revival starts here.

DOVER Athletic midfielder Jai Reason cannot wait to line up in the FA Cup first round clash he wanted this weekend.

More...

I don't think he needs to worry about our players being more athletic....prob least athletic group of pros I've even seen.

The majority of punters on the Prediction League (bravely) going for a Southend win. Just a little worryingly, out of the top five performers on the Southend prediction league, four are going for a Dover win. Thundersley, you're out on a limb, I hope to hell you're right!:Smile:

The majority of punters on the Prediction League (bravely) going for a Southend win. Just a little worryingly, out of the top five performers on the Southend prediction league, four are going for a Dover win. Thundersley, you're out on a limb, I hope to hell you're right!:Smile:
We certainly need to win. Yet another winding up petition now 4 December. Fourth of 2019.

12 conceded?, i must have missed 4!.
Sol's baptism was probably the hardest he could have experienced for his 1st 3 games. Had we played for example Rochdale, Rotherham & Accy in those games, we possibly would not have conceded 8, & may have got some points as well?.
Anyway it's all history now, so onwards & upwards from now ( hopefully! ).

Apologies,maths was never my strong point!!
Anyway, I'm going today and am confident we'll win - 3-0 to the Blues.

I was told 520 sold (in total) that was this morning.

That shows how far this club has fallen.

This should have been one of those take over the place affairs.

Instead we are dreading the game and logistically a Sunday ko at 12pm is just total ****.

Going to Kent today, staying with friends, all on to the game tomorrow. Sorry it wasn't clear enough for you!

Oh yeah clearly my error i mean you really spelt that one out didn’t you!! I was trying to make a joke of it mr serious

Instead we are dreading the game and logistically a Sunday ko at 12pm is just total ****.
If this game wasn't on the telly at a silly time we would have taken loads more.Most people have decided to stay at home and watch it on the TV and save some dosh

Is it the BT TV issue or apathy due to our current situation?

I am going, be interested to know why, if you would normally have gone, you aren’t going.

I am going, be interested to know why, if you would normally have gone, you aren’t going.
I’d have gone if it was a Saturday kick off. Sunday lunchtime, just too much of a ballache especially when it’s on TV.

En route to Dover for an overnighter. Staying at the Bluebells guesthouse. Let's hope they've brought their pompoms! ?

Despite our dire form I would have gone if the game was on the Saturday at 3.00 as have not been to Dover's ground. But Sunday is not convenient for me for several reason's so will take the easier option to watch from my sofa with a beer to lift my mood if the game go's the way BT hopes,

I know mate but we either support them or we don't. Don't really understand the glory hunters who are only interested in going to games when we are winning likewise I really don't understand the armchair lads either (for any team).
You can't beat being at a game for the atmosphere and staying away only strips money from the clubs and makes matters worse. There's more to supporting a team than just watching.
(not a dig at anyone specific, just how I feel about it).

I know mate but we either support them or we don't. Don't really understand the glory hunters who are only interested in going to games when we are winning likewise I really don't understand the armchair lads either (for any team).
You can't beat being at a game for the atmosphere and staying away only strips money from the clubs and makes matters worse. There's more to supporting a team than just watching.
(not a dig at anyone specific, just how I feel about it).

But in this instance it isn't.

We are getting paid 75k by BT and a further 36k if we win.

Can't speak for others but I have a season card and have missed several games. I've paid so if I stay away or miss games the club don't lose.

That said I get your point but even when doing Well I can't say our fans are glory hunters. We have had little in the way of glory.

Back