• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News FA Cup 2022/23 - first opponent Woking (A)… yawn

greyerfox

First XI
The draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round (1st October) has thrown up plenty of potentially interesting opponents when Blues enter 4th round on 15th October. Lots of very local teams still involved. But the north/south divide in the draw is somewhat odd. Hereford away at Three Bridges in Sussex is a strange one. So potentially we could have some long trips. But also could get Billericay or Romford. The excitement of it all !

The draw for the 3rd Qualifying Round (1st October) has thrown up plenty of potentially interesting opponents when Blues enter 4th round on 15th October. Lots of very local teams still involved. But the north/south divide in the draw is somewhat odd. Hereford away at Three Bridges in Sussex is a strange one. So potentially we could have some long trips. But also could get Billericay or Romford. The excitement of it all !
What excitement? We all know that we'll bé drawn away to either Wrexham or, like last year, Chesterfield !😉😁

Seconded. Will the away loyalty scheme come into play for this one?
Not sure if we pulled out say Concord or Billericay the demand would be massive I think.I don't know if away loyalty scheme is still in place?

Not sure if we pulled out say Concord or Billericay the demand would be massive I think.I don't know if away loyalty scheme is still in place?

I’m not sure of his role exactly, but I recall a Concord representative being particularly disgruntled with us over the pre-season game we had with them back in July, and not wanting to work/do business with us again.

That’d be an interesting tie.

Seconded. Will the away loyalty scheme come into play for this one?

I suppose you’ve got to consider the possibility that depending on who we get, it may be that the venue is switched to Roots Hall.

Venue switches don’t seem to happen much these days, but if we’re drawn against a club that can only host a limited number of fans, it may be beneficial for the oppo to come to Roots Hall instead, especially if it were a close neighbour.

I’m not sure of his role exactly, but I recall a Concord representative being particularly disgruntled with us over the pre-season game we had with them back in July, and not wanting to work/do business with us again.

Concord knocked out in earlier round. So awkwardness avoided.

We don't have best reputation with Martin in charge I'd imagine.If we got Concord away I think their ground may struggle to cope

Best bet for local interest would be Chelmsford, they away to Romford in 3rd Qualifying Round

Really ? Hereford is further south than Cambridge, Bedford and Bury St Edmunds and about level with Ipswich.

Looking at the draw, only the first 10 (out of 40) ties are northern. For the rest, the midlands sides have all been put into the southern section but by a happy co-incidence (?) none of the more northerly sides has that far to travel.

Back