• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News FA Cup 2022/23 - first opponent Woking (A)… yawn

That's odd - I started a thread about this season's F.A. Cup some weeks ago so that there would be a continual conversation about the competition and teams but it seems to have gone into the ether.

:Sad:

That's odd - I started a thread about this season's F.A. Cup some weeks ago so that there would be a continual conversation about the competition and teams but it seems to have gone into the ether.

:Sad:

Thanks Mick for putting me right on my geography. I always had Hereford much further north. 163 miles for the Bullocks to drive to Three Bridges

Curious about Fisher FC and where they were. Surprised to find that they're on the south bank in centre of London. I suppose their dream, even at this early stage, would be a Third round draw against Millwall!

Reactions: BTS
I suppose you’ve got to consider the possibility that depending on who we get, it may be that the venue is switched to Roots Hall.

Venue switches don’t seem to happen much these days, but if we’re drawn against a club that can only host a limited number of fans, it may be beneficial for the oppo to come to Roots Hall instead, especially if it were a close neighbour.
Switching grounds is no longer allowed in FA Cup.

Reactions: GBJ
Didn’t know that. What’s the reasoning behind it?
A rare move by the FA to preserve the integrity of the FA Cup making it more about the glamour than the money ?

A rare move by the FA to preserve the integrity of the FA Cup making it more about the glamour than the money ?

It’s a fine line though, because we should all be in in favour of preserving the authenticity of football at the expense of people lining their pockets, but I say that whilst recognising that it limits the earning potential of the footballing minnows.

Imagine we draw one of the big boys in the cup (insert jokes here), and we’re offered two options, play the game at RH, and take the money, or play “away” and take 50%+ of the gate receipts. We could be doubling our earnings by taking the latter option, (which financially is the smarter decision) but we’d lose out on those dream nights, such as Man Utd fifteen years ago.

The problem is as usual the Premier League always get their own way. They now are demanding that there will be no replays for rounds 3 and 4. This means that a small club, possibly us, puts up a great performance say drawing at home to Spurs after 90 minutes, but rather than looking forward to a lucrative pay day at Tottenham, the smaller team loses in extra time or a penalty shoot out. The FA will as usual pander to the wishes of the greedy PL.

I hope we get a interesting game preferably away at a new ground
I live local to Taunton who play in the Cup. They play similar to us a good passing game but don't score many... Attract roughly 1000 home. Watched them play Chelmsford last week 0-0 would love to get Taunton

I live local to Taunton who play in the Cup. They play similar to us a good passing game but don't score many... Attract roughly 1000 home. Watched them play Chelmsford last week 0-0 would love to get Taunton
I'd like that draw too.I have done most of national south grounds

Back