• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup 2nd Round

It's hardly unreasonable to not want to be drawn against the team that beat you in your last league match.

Yet people moaned about drawing lowly, not worthy of us Crawley. Then want to sack the manager for not winning.

Yet people moaned about drawing lowly, not worthy of us Crawley. Then want to sack the manager for not winning.

I think people moaned because they wanted a team lower than Crawley and somebody we hadn't played for a long while.

Also not everyone moaned. Some people thought it was a good draw as it was winnable.

Let’s be honest , most of the posts on here will be a ‘moan’ whoever we got !

At least when we lose the replay against Crawley nobody will be disappointed about the tie we missed out on!

When was last time we won in this cup ? Home v Millwall who were well above us at the time. So why would Barnsley be Boring?

When was last time we won in this cup ? Home v Millwall who were well above us at the time. So why would Barnsley be Boring?

Ha! Saw that one.Not so sure that Barnsley would be boring,though at 4th place in the table they'd be a good bet to beat us (or at least get a replay).Bit academic , as I think Crawley will do the business against us anyway.

Ha! Saw that one.Not so sure that Barnsley would be boring,though at 4th place in the table they'd be a good bet to beat us (or at least get a replay).Bit academic , as I think Crawley will do the business against us anyway.
Not sure what games u watch? We should have been 4-0 up against Crawley after 20mins!!! Did u not notice the gulf in class between us and Crawley? Ok second half we was poor! But we should still win a reply at Crawley and hope we do! And Barnsley only beat us 0-1 So we can also beat them at home as we usually perform better against teams doing well

I don't think it would be boring Riggers, but after Saturday's draw and the replay looming some folk are obviously in gloomy mood. Most unsual on ShrimperZone isn't it?

Not sure what games u watch? We should have been 4-0 up against Crawley after 20mins!!! Did u not notice the gulf in class between us and Crawley? Ok second half we was poor! But we should still win a reply at Crawley and hope we do! And Barnsley only beat us 0-1 So we can also beat them at home as we usually perform better against teams doing well

Couldn't see the Crawley game as it wasn't on iFollow,though (I was listening on BBC Essex) I have seen all our other games this season however,including the recent Coventry match, which I came over to RH for.

I certainly hope you're right about the replay and the second round.Don't think I'd risk any cash on it though.:Winking:

Think this is a good draw, at least we know what we are up against. If we got non league opposition we usually make fools of ourselves as we normally underestimate them . Firstly we need to despatch Crawley which im sure we will make a Pigs ear of.

We beat Barnsley in R3 a few years ago before playing Spurs away IIRC. A good omen should we beat Crawley.

Which we won't.

Back