• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup 2nd Round

Ohhhh ...... Up to 3562 tickets sold. Got a few late comers to the party

:Happy::LoyalSupporter:

Sorry @Mick ..... I'm posting again :Smile::Thumbs up:

#nooffenceintended
#justkidding
#COYB

When we get Man City at home in the next round and priority is given to ST and people with ticket stubs for the Barnsley game ...the stay aways won't been laughing :Thumbs up:

Priority should be given to people who attended the 1st Round match, but are having to miss today's game due to a family party. Let's say oh I dunno a 15 year old niece's birthday party.

Last edited:
I sat in Slough’s West Stand last season and its very,very small.

Yes,I think that would be a tight squeeze.Its a modern,sports centre type ground with an all-weather pitch.

Looks a decent ground, Zeuss and there's a picture, below. I guess those orange seats are the West Stand? :-

Arbour Park is the venue and it says on Slough's twitter feed that a handful of tickets are still left, but that parking will be a nightmare, so it could be a bit of a battle to get a spot.

Slough are 14th in NLS, so it's a big ask but I hope they can get through. Not least because it will knock Gillingham out. With the 3G pitch, they are obviously working well with the local community, so the money will be massively important from a cup run, unless they spend it on useless players!

2:00pm kick-off. Covered on the Beeb's Final Score show this afternoon.
Play up 'The Rebels'! :Happy:

1508321477772.jpg

Slough Town Cup Facts :-

They've never reached the 3rd Round.
Their record cup win was 16-0 in 1935.
Louise Soares (remember him) plays in midfield for them.
Sam Togwell is probably their most notable player, having played 8 seasons in the Football League.
They were promoted in a record breaking campaign last season.

Last edited:
Looks a decent ground, Zeuss and there's a picture, below. I guess those orange seats are the West Stand? :-

Arbour Park is the venue and it says on Slough's twitter feed that a handful of tickets are still left, but that parking will be a nightmare, so it could be a bit of a battle to get a spot.

Slough are 14th in NLS, so it's a big ask but I hope they can get through. Not least because it will knock Gillingham out. With the 3G pitch, they are obviously working well with the local community, so the money will be massively important from a cup run, unless they spend it on useless players!

2:00pm kick-off. Covered on the Beeb's Final Score show this afternoon.
Play up 'The Rebels'! :Happy:

1508321477772.jpg

Slough Town Cup Facts :-

They've never reached the 3rd Round.
Their record cup win was 16-0 in 1935.
Louise Soares (remember him) plays in midfield for them.
Sam Togwell is probably their most notable player, having played 8 seasons in the Football League.
They were promoted in a record breaking campaign last season.
I’m not trying to be picky(for once)but those oraange seats are on the east side.

Ah right. I thought it looked a small stand. Nice set up they seem to have there, looking at the recent history.

Shame they lost today.

When did you go there?

28th April-Blues were at Bradford .
National League games kicked off at 11.30,so I realised I could just about get in 2 new grounds(I’d been to the old Wexham Park,Slough Ground):Maidenhead ,with Sam Barratt scoring 2 !,then Sloughs important pre-play off clash at 3.00 pm.Thanks to cunning parking at Maidenhead,I got to Slough with 5 mins to spare.

28th April-Blues were at Bradford .
National League games kicked off at 11.30,so I realised I could just about get in 2 new grounds(I’d been to the old Wexham Park,Slough Ground):Maidenhead ,with Sam Barratt scoring 2 !,then Sloughs important pre-play off clash at 3.00 pm.Thanks to cunning parking at Maidenhead,I got to Slough with 5 mins to spare.
Correction 12.30 ko at Maidenhead not 11.30!

Tremendous planning to get both those matches in, Zeuss. I was intrigued. so I just looked up those games.

A fine 5-2 win for Maidenhead and then a 2-1 win for Slough Town. I guess you've seen the highlights :-

Bad night for Bolton.

Cash strapped and with a potential home tie against Sunderland, the oppo go and get beaten at home by Walsall!

Bradford crowd, less than 4k, magic of the cup?????
Bradford's First round replay crowd v Aldershot was only 2,200 so quite an improvement for this round!

Only 8,000 at Sunderland tonight as well. I think they actually had a bigger crowd for a Checkatrade game than the FA cup.

Just 1,441 crowd at Blackpool v Solihull tonight and the prize was a 3rd round tie with Arsenal. I guess it shows how many fans Blackpool have lost.

Just 1,441 crowd at Blackpool v Solihull tonight and the prize was a 3rd round tie with Arsenal. I guess it shows how many fans Blackpool have lost.

They're barely getting over 3K in league games as well, they play Sunderland on New Years Day and the Black Cats have sold out their allocation of 7600 already.

Slightly off topic but Aldershot lost 7-0 last night in the FA Trophy to a side in the Southern Central Evo-Stick League - Bedford Town.

7-0!!! :Stunned:

Slightly off topic but Aldershot lost 7-0 last night in the FA Trophy to a side in the Southern Central Evo-Stick League - Bedford Town.

7-0!!! :Stunned:

They fielded their entire Academy side. Unfortunately the bookies had already got wind of this by the time I heard about it around mid-day.

Back