• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

Our 'blip' reached a peak with our poor FA Cup performance at Oldham before Christmas. Since then we've slightly steadied the ship and we're in a good position.

In the mean time, Swindon put up a great fight against Leicester 48 hours ago, but lost, and Crawley's distraction in the FA Cup continues with a tie against Stoke in 3 weeks time (and will lead to re-arranged league fixtures too). Crawley's recent league form (DLWDDD) has more likely been induced by the FA cup distraction (rather than toughness of fixtures - only one of those results was against a current play-off placed team).

So, hopefully the FA Cup is helping us out, Swindon will be disappointed after a tough battle, and to quote Alan McCormack on twitter "Disappointed day for the lads. Shattered now.", will probably be leggy. On the other hand we'll be refreshed, and hopefully some of the players who've been missing training due to injuries and frequent games will have had a good chance to relax. I expect us to take it to Swindon, and I reckon we'll win.

If the gap does continue to close slightly between 3rd and 4th in the table, then hopefully Crawley will continue their poor run and we can maintain a good position in the table. I can't wait to hear what crap Evans comes out with when Crawley find themselves sliding down the table, and have Stoke kicking ten shades of **** out of them, before a rapid run of re-arranged fixtures. Bring it on!

Its all about Tuesday. Sound theory on the FA cup fixtures helping us out but we need to use it to our full benefit on Tuesday or that will be a wonderful opportunity missed. Crawley can go trip themselves up but we owe it to ourselves to take full advantage of the Swindon situation.

I was hoping that Crawley drew one of the really big boys. No disrespect to Stoke, but you ain't Arsenal or Liverpool.

I hope that their result will have a negative affect on Swindon that we can take advantage of (I was hoping they would get thumped), and similarly Creepies Cup distraction. Even if those 2 do fall away slightly now though, there are plenty within a point or two who would love to fill the gaps. Still, I firmly beleive that we have the squad and desire to take full advantage of the situation and I cannot wait for the game tomorrow - an early goal against a tired and dispirited side playing away from home would be superb for us then we can hopefully settle our nerves and get our game flowing the way we know it can. UTB.

Nothinkg like beating a Championship side to give you confidence though.

Cup runs can help breed confidence so who knows if they will help or hinder.

Mate of mine is a Luton fan, and they spent most of last year chasing Crawley. Crawley again did very well in the cups (5th round v Man United), and built up a backlog of games, I think they had something like 6 in 14 days. Luton were obvioulsy holding out hope that this would take it's toll and Crawley would inevitably drop a load of points. They didn't and stormed it leaving my mate to cry into his pint at the Etihad.

I know League 2 is a different gravy to the Conference, but Crawley do have form for ploughing through a tough backlog so as handy as the distractions may be, once past their dip, we can''t rely on fixture congestion to aid us, just concentrating on winning our own games.

Mate of mine is a Luton fan, and they spent most of last year chasing Crawley. Crawley again did very well in the cups (5th round v Man United), and built up a backlog of games, I think they had something like 6 in 14 days. Luton were obvioulsy holding out hope that this would take it's toll and Crawley would inevitably drop a load of points. They didn't and stormed it leaving my mate to cry into his pint at the Etihad.

I know League 2 is a different gravy to the Conference, but Crawley do have form for ploughing through a tough backlog so as handy as the distractions may be, once past their dip, we can''t rely on fixture congestion to aid us, just concentrating on winning our own games.

Interesting stuff Wes.

Back