• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane FA Cup Memories

The Mansfield Keeper was Welsh international Dave Hollins

HA! I believe I'm right in saying I saw John Hollin's only International game (certainly his first ) against ? at Wembley.Clue :Jimmy Greaves also played in the game,which I believe was his last International against ? (not long after the 1966 World Cup).

Yeah,old fashioned prescriptive grammar.:Dunce:

Move with the times,old chap.

Those poor Europeans you teach are not receiving 'proper' or 'correct' grammatical instruction then?

I'd ask for my Euros back.

PS. Grammatically correct sentences generally have a space after a comma too.........

Those poor Europeans you teach are not receiving 'proper' or 'correct' grammatical instruction then?

I'd ask for my Euros back.

PS. Grammatically correct sentences generally have a space after a comma too.........

Grammatically correct sentences end with fewer than nine full stops, if we're being pedantic.

Yeah,old fashioned prescriptive grammar.:Dunce:

Move with the times,old chap.

Correct .We won 2-0 IIRC.Can't really remember the goalscorers now but I'm pretty sure JG got one of them.

From "move with the times" to talking about a random match from 1967 in 60 seconds:Unsure:

Anyway, let's get back on topic as we seem to have strayed from the FA Cup - how about some goalkeeping performances - from Bert Trautman in the mud (more stories of this match please), Neville Southall at Goodison, to Steve Mildenhall v Chelsea and that Paul Smith display at Griffin Park.

Grammatically correct sentences end with fewer than nine full stops, if we're being pedantic.

Multiple dots at the end of a sentence automatically become ‘ellipses’ not “full stops” (which are singular by definition), if we’re being pedantic.

An ellipsis is a set of three periods ( . . . ) indicating an omission. Each period should have a single space on either side, except when adjacent to a quotation mark, in which case there should be no space.

Examples

My FA Cup memories are . . .
My FA Cup memories are "..."

Back