• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agent Lomas

Manager
Morecambe FC

FA Cup Round 1 - Saturday 9th November

Distance From Roots Hall: (M6) - 281 Miles / (A1) - 303 Miles / (M40 & M6) - 324 Miles

Services On The M6: 20

TZ Coach Price: £25

TICKETS (Unreserved Seating)

Adults: £19.00
Concessions (65+): £15.00
Juniors (5-18): £6.00
Under 5's: FREE

Programme: Usually £3.00 but will probably be around £1.50 due to the competition.

Pie: £3.00
Tea: £1.00

However, there is usually a deal where one can buy a pie and get any drink for £1.00...Deals On Wheels!

Non-Footballing Attraction: The Beach & The Eric Morecambe Statue

Where To Drink: Westgate Caravan Park, The Coast (25 Minute walk from the ground) & The Kings Arms (Situated near the Eric Morecambe statue - 26 Minute walk from the ground), PLUS other pubs any of you already know about

This is not me digging or having a go but if your going to write a pre match build up you need much more content. I used to write them I have no qualifications in journalism or media. I just thought it would be fun, just something to get some ideas about the amount of content.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?45875-Ricey-s-Report-Oldham-Athletic-22-11-08&highlight=match+review

oooo you bitch! :winking:

You have a point though Ricey - your reports were much better than this! :Worthy:

Thats the sort of thing I will post closer to the match, (usually on the friday) as things could change in both team camps! :smile:

This is just a guide for anyone who is planning on going!

I appreciate that you aren't having a go.

UTB

Thats the sort of thing I will post closer to the match, (usually on the friday) as things could change in both team camps! :smile:

This is just a guide for anyone who is planning on going!

I appreciate that you aren't having a go.

UTB

Legend in the making! :smile:

It will be the same set up as last season. They're not expecting many to go so wont open the away stand behind the goal. The main stand is a new build so everything is all-mod-cons. It's like Fleetwood's main stand although Morecambe supporters won't appreciate that comparison much. It still makes me smile seeing the stand opposite; a breeze block wall, barbed wire on top and a makeshift television camera tower made from scaffolding. Locals call that the Berlin Wall stand.

This is not me digging or having a go but if your going to write a pre match build up you need much more content. I used to write them I have no qualifications in journalism or media. I just thought it would be fun, just something to get some ideas about the amount of content.

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...dham-Athletic-22-11-08&highlight=match+review

Nice trip down memory lane. Crazy to think that in 2007 Moussa and Hooper could only make our bench! Also interesting to note Kalala was on the bench for Oldham and starting at left back was a certain Champions League winner Ryan Bertrand! :omg:

It will be the same set up as last season. They're not expecting many to go so wont open the away stand behind the goal. The main stand is a new build so everything is all-mod-cons. It's like Fleetwood's main stand although Morecambe supporters won't appreciate that comparison much. It still makes me smile seeing the stand opposite; a breeze block wall, barbed wire on top and a makeshift television camera tower made from scaffolding. Locals call that the Berlin Wall stand.
That will be the main stand at Fossets Farm, that's if we ever get there.

Why is that then ?

Give the guy a break! I don't see anyone else rushing to provide the pre-match background, and you don't get better at it without starting somewhere.

Give the guy a break! I don't see anyone else rushing to provide the pre-match background, and you don't get better at it without starting somewhere.

Mine was purely constructive criticism from someone who used to write pre match reports for this site.

[/B]
Why is that then ?

Probably because there was never the need to develop it. Total ground capacity is about 6,500. Last season their highest attendance was 4,029. I don't believe it goes back more than 6 rows where there is seating, the rest is open terrace, room enough for about 500 people.

As you approach the Globe Arena you'll see the main stand which is very impressive. It definitely has the wow factor and the demeanour of an affluent Championship Club even though it only holds 2,200. Once inside it's almost like a 3 sided stadium.

Will anyone else be having a cheeky punt on the ex Bolton milk float to put one past us?

Back