• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Away at a ropey, traditional old non-league ground miles away (but handy for the station) please. Not much to ask.

I really just referred to them as an example of what happens when the primary backer decides (or is forced) to pull out and is not replaced. I agree that Hornchurch would have been a good example though. And in the case of R&D I think Mr Griggs did his best to help the fans keep the club going, (As I understand) basically handing it over to them.

So I wasn't necessarily implying they were all vanity projects just that clubs with rich backers but a lowish fanbase are often in trouble when the backers go for whatever reason.

To be fair, any club with a lowish fan base and no backer often find themselves in trouble or very very low level

It's good to report that The Metropolitan Police made it through today, Only the second time in 25 years.

Apparently, you don't even have to work for the Police to play for them. What's that all about then!? :Unsure:

Last edited:
It's good to report that The Metropolitan Police made it through today, Only the second time in 25 years.

Apparently, you don't even have to work for the Police to play for them. What's that all about then!? :Unsure:
I think the rule was changed on having to be employed by the police was changed because the police force stopped giving time off to players for matches so they had to recruit from outside the police force

Thanks 'Tia'. Kind of makes sense, but it's a shame. I like the idea that all the players are from the Police Force.

Not only do they not have to work for the Met, not a single one of them does.

In fact, they haven't had a serving officer play for them since 2011.

Really! .. It's getting worse by the minute. Doesn't sound like there's much of a connection to the original club anymore. :Sad:

Really! .. It's getting worse by the minute. Doesn't sound like there's much of a connection to the original club anymore. :Sad:

No, it was a sad day when Billy Crook left them for Enfield.

Back