• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Very pleased with that draw nothing worse then a non league club away from home and a small ticket allocation. Sounds good on paper but who wants to queue for hours to get one of the few tickets for a banana skin match. Crawley at home no panic for tickets suits me just fine. ??

I've decided after much heart wrenching to abandon the Metropolitan Police FC as my club of choice for the 1st Round. Quite frankly, they are a fraud of a club with not a single employee of HM constabulary on the books and I hope they get trounced about 8-0!

As a result, I've decided to follow the fortunes of Weston-Super-Mare. Partly because any town with "Super Mare" in the title (Latin for "Above Sea" apparently) is alright by me and that I once went on holiday to Brean Sands Pontins, which still exists to this day! :Cool:

Anyway, enough nostalgia and it's back to the action. They have a home tie against either Wrexham or Harrogate which should bring in much needed revenue with a bumper crowd of around 75.

They are in the same division as our local favourites, Concord Rangers, but it's fair to say they could have got off to a better start! .. That said, the cup is a great leveller and all that, so anything can happen.

So, play up "The Seagulls" and onwards into Round Two! :Thumbs up:

Last edited:
I've decided after much heart wrenching to abandon the Metropolitan Police FC as my club of choice for the 1st Round. Quite frankly, they are a fraud of a club with not a single employee of HM constabulary on the books and I hope they get trounced about 8-0!

As a result, I've decided to follow the fortunes of Weston-Super-Mare. Partly because any town with "Super Mare" (Latin for "Above Sea" apparently) is alright by me and that I once went on holiday to Brean Sands Pontins, which still exists to this day! :Cool:

Anyway, enough nostalgia and it's back to the action. They have a home tie against either Wrexham or Harrogate which should bring in much needed revenue with a bumper crowd of around 75.

They are in the same division as our local favourites, Concord Rangers, but it's fair to say they could have got off to a better start! .. That said, the cup is a great leveller and all that, so anything can happen.

We popped into Weston Super Mare in early August on our way from Devon to Wales a few years ago and it was closed. The pier, the shops on the seafront. Shocking place

According to the comedy series "Bottom"... They have a nudist beach and the nipples are bigger in Western Super Mare.....something to do with the cold wind!! :Thumbs up:

Sounds just like my destination!! :Smile:

Christ, if you think Southend has seen better days, Weston Super Mare is like ground zero after an all out nuclear holocaust.

We can learn a thing or two about restoring a pier from them, though!

They've done a great job with The Grand Pier :-

https://www.grandpier.co.uk/

Personally, I love old British seaside towns. Warts and all.

Last edited:
LOL .. 1977 I was at Brean Sands, so I think I can trump you on this one.

My abiding memory was getting Ray Illingworth's autograph! .. He was appearing there and doing cricket coaching for the kids.

We don't know how much we were blessed back in the day!

LOL .. 1977 I was at Brean Sands, so I think I can trump you on this one.

My abiding memory was getting Ray Illingworth's autograph! .. He was appearing there and doing cricket coaching for the kids.

We don't know how much we were blessed back in the day!

:Off Topic:

So as a young BR apprentice I used my free travel to spend hedonistic weekends in the far reaches of the British countryside - Penzance used to be a favourite - but this time us lads opted for WSM. The weather was abysmal, the only club in town had a DJ dressed in a nappy.

Next time we went back to Penzance and it's 8 hour train journey.

So as a young BR apprentice I used my free travel to spend hedonistic weekends in the far reaches of the British countryside - Penzance used to be a favourite - but this time us lads opted for WSM. The weather was abysmal, the only club in town had a DJ dressed in a nappy.

:Off Topic: Ha! Rob Noxious will enjoy this post.

Great stuff.

This is why I love this country!

Crawley isn't a bad draw. It may not be exciting but hopefully we can get a win, bank the prize money and whatever gates revenue there is. Touch wood...

There are some good ties in there though.

Haringey v Wimbledon
Bromley v Peterborough
Shrewsbury v Salford

Pick on the bunch does have to be the first though. Traditionally speaking if it was The Crazy Gang era it would have a north v south of the river feel to it with the exception of Haringey being the underdogs. That might not be the case but it's nice to think about. I think Billericay will make it through v Taunton in their replay too.

I agree, Chapman is also quite annoying I find.

He started the programme by saying that all the AMATEUR teams now join the competition. He is so out of touch like most presenters and pundits who think the Premier League is the only football that matters in this country. Non league football has been semi or full time professional for decades!

It's all to do with this notion that everything has to be made funky and fun for the people with an attention span of less than 30 seconds.

They have a home tie against either Wrexham or Harrogate which should bring in much needed revenue with a bumper crowd of around 75.

So Wrexham it is, then!

Back