• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Cup Round 1 Draw

Ticket prices now on main website.

Only East and West stands open - not including blocks P, Q and R.

Haringey v Wimbledon

Pick on the bunch does have to be the first though. Traditionally speaking if it was The Crazy Gang era it would have a north v south of the river feel to it with the exception of Haringey being the underdogs.

Announced as the BBC's live match.

Ticket prices now on main website.

Only East and West stands open - not including blocks P, Q and R.
Decent prices and giving season ticket holders a discount is always good

At them prices I think we will be lucky to get 4,500 crowd.
I think the prices are reasonable. It's not the most interesting draw but hopefully we will get decent gate.And if it was around 4500 that be reasonable for first round in game like this

I think with our most recent performances in the Cup, anyone showing up must be applauded. Let's get to Round 2, just for the novelty alone. Some of our younger fans have never seen Southend win a cup match - do it for them

Undecided if I fancy coming down for this or the following Blackpool game. Hmmmmmmmm.....

Well, everyone is gearing up for the big match on Sunday. The Weston Mercury are even offering free tickets to lucky readers :-

http://www.thewestonmercury.co.uk/s...ts-for-weston-super-mare-vs-wrexham-1-5760652

Prices seem fair anyway, starting at just £3.00 per person. Presumabely for seniors, juniors and people with unused day passes to the pier from the summer.

Looking at the article, they are expecting 1,000 from North Wales. Wrexham, of course, with that great cup run in 1977-78 where they made it to the quarter-finals after breaking the Blyth Spartans hearts in the last minute at the Racecourse Ground. And who can forget Micky Thomas' curling free-kick to dump The Gunners out in 1991-92.

I'm pleased to report that Weston's form has taken an upturn since they disposed of Bath City in the last round. Undefeated in three, recording draws against Dulwich Hamlet and Torquay United (how the mighty fall, eh!) and winning away at Hungerford Town last weekend.

So, with the shops adorned with cardboard cut-out FA Cup's and draped in scarves, the town is anticipating a famous scalp.

Up The Seagulls!

Last edited:
It's nerve jangling time, as we are within 24 hours of kick-off. Indeed, the Sky Sports countdown clock is already ticking as both managers prepare themselves for the big day.

Now, a lot of people have asked me to link the famous goal from the last round that took The Seagulls through to tomorrow's glamour tie, so here it is. The commentator sounds a bit biased! :Smile: :-

Hat doffage today goes to :-

Billericay Town (away draw at Chesterfield)
Hartlepool (away draw at Gillingam)
Oxford City (away draw at Tranmere and were leading with only a couple of mins to go)
Stockport County (away win at Yeovil)

Just caught up with Haringey v Wimbledon and being the one that's just stepped up from non league Mitchell Pinnock looked their best player. It's a shame we don't have a crystal ball.

If I recall he and Woodyard were released the season we were relegated? If so, it wouldn't have hurt much to keep them on a year. Would've add two to the head count at the time.

Last edited:
Well The Seagulls are holding their illustrious visitors at the break.

However Chorley are beating Doncaster. Barnet beating Bristol Rovers and Guiseley beating Cambridge United

Just the small matter of Billericay Town against Chesterfield tonight, for a plum home tie against Grimsby Town.

Back