• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anything to discuss on the team selection front?

I presume the same team as against Mansfield although that assumes that the loan players will be allowed to play - Williams & Sokky that is.

Or perhaps put Smith in goal or give Bolger and Thompson a chance in central defence?

No disrespect to Chester but there is a sizeable difference in league position between the two teams so it would be good to get into a comfortable position and allow Brown to make some changes. Perhaps the pace of Coulthurst might create some goal mouth action.

I don`t think we can take anything for granted. Chester are not that far behind us and you can be sure they will be up for it.

I don`t think we can take anything for granted. Chester are not that far behind us and you can be sure they will be up for it.

Absolutely - can't take a win for granted - that is why I was careful to say "it would be good to get into a comfortable position" .............. mind you, one could say that about any game on any given Saturday. :unsure:

This has 0-1 written all over it. I will be all over that at the bookies tomorrow to soften the blow should it happen.

Don't think we should be too complacent at all. On our day though, we can and should beat Chester. I don't want to see a weakened team put out.

I remember Kingstonian, Aylesbury Utd FA Cup defeats. Not taking this for granted.

Looking forward to this one, there's always something special about the FA Cup.

3rd November 2012 was the last time we played a non-league team in the first round, beating Stockport 3-0 at The Hall. Goals from Barry on his first start in 18 months, Laird and Freddy. Before that, you have to go all the way back to 8th November 2008 when we faced AFC Telford of the Conference North in the first round. We drew 2-2 with goals coming from our French duo Laurent and Christophe. The replay at Roots Hall was a 2-0 victory with Simon Francis and James Walker the scorers. That was the season we then went on to beat Luton 3-1 and hold Chelsea to a 1-1 at Stamford Bridge after Peter Clarke's beautiful bald head connected with a knock down from Johnny Herd's lob!

Expecting some changes, but nothing drastic. Wouldn't surprise me to see the likes of Payne and Coulthirst given a start but should largely be the same side as Mansfield (assuming the two loanees can play?). Hopefully we don't underestimate them as complacency is a killer in the FA Cup as we saw tonight with plasterer Craig Robinson securing a victory for Warrington over Exeter!

Back