• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News FA Cup ticket fiasco

https://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/2019/november/dover-ticket-update/

Might have been nice to announce this before people purchased their tickets when they were told they could collect them match day from the away ground.

Anyone else also purchased a ticket but has no way of collecting it?

Easy way round this. Whoever was responsible for the statement (presumably our ticket office) should have a representative travel to Dover early and stand outside the away turnstiles handing over the tickets to those with confirmation emails. Simple.

Why did Dover not just allow people to pay on the day? We’re never going to take anywhere near 2000 people so what are they gaining by turning away extra money?

From my ticket confirmation e-mail:

Away tickets - Please be advised that collections will be available from the Southend United Ticket Office (please see the below for home matchday collections) until the Thursday before a Saturday fixture, Monday for a Tuesday night match, or until the fixture goes off sale, whichever is sooner. After this time they will automatically be sent to the away club for collection on the day of the match.

The club even put it in bold.

Easy way round this. Whoever was responsible for the statement (presumably our ticket office) should have a representative travel to Dover early and stand outside the away turnstiles handing over the tickets to those with confirmation emails. Simple.

So this morning I got tickets, I'm not a ST holder so had to wait till this week. Due to work I've had no way of purchasing until this morning. Imagine my disappointment last night when the statement came out that they had to be collected from Southend by Friday 5pm. I don't live in Southend (or even Essex) and wouldn't be able to make a trip. I texted some friends in and around Southend to see if there was any chance they could get them for me, nothing doing.

Anyway, called this morning, firstly they can be picked up until 3pm on Saturday, many thanks to Lord Football who is picking them up for me.

I then said to the ticket office, why is collection not being offered. Lady said it's Dover who are refusing. I said on other occasions when there is nowhere for away ticket collection someone from the club usually just stands outside the away end handing them out (Luton last season for example). She told me Dover had even refused this and would not be letting anyone collect tickets from the ground in any manner.

Well I will collect mine from the ground, just from another Shrimper - so up yours Dover.

I'm in the same situation. Live outside Essex and can't get to the ground before Sunday.

Anyone going to the game or will be in central London tomorrow who can pick up my ticket for me?

My complaint to the ticket office was why they only initially publicised this on Twitter, which I only saw because it was copied by someone onto the Facebook fans page. The response was that the media people responsible for the website had been very busy due to BT Sport being at the training ground!

After getting rather cross at the suggestion that unless I could make it to the box office (85 miles for me) I would not be able to get a ticket, the ticket office did try and help me, even offering to deliver the tickets personally (I don't think they realised I live in Sussex, but perhaps there are so few fans buying tickets these days it is now a service they can offer!). Luckily, I have had mine collected for me now, but an alternative is that they said someone from the Trust may be able to help out, so that could be an option for anyone who is stuck.

All completely unnecessary for an away end that holds 2,000 and with pay on the gate at the home end of course!

Could we rename this thread FA Cup Fiasco so we don't have to create a new one Sunday afternoon.

If this involves being stationary whilst people stroll past you we have a huge selection of players who could fill this role

Any one rung Dover and asked why? Another option may be that the Shrimpers Trust could carry the remaining tickets to the ground and pass them out?

According to Dover fans site they to are equally baffled as too why its ticket only for us and no pay on the day.They think they have shot themselves in the foot losing extra cash

Back