• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lester Bangs

Manager
So I looked to see what game the BBC will be showing today and was surprised to see no live games on terrestrial television. I then went to the FA site and it was confirmed that the live games this weekend are:

First Round Proper - live ties
Friday 7 November – 7.55pm
Warrington Town v Exeter City – Live on BBC2

Sunday 9 November – 12 noon
FC Halifax Town v Bradford City – Live on BT Sports

Monday 10 November – 8pm
Havant & Waterlooville v Preston North End – Live on BT Sports

I thought this was pretty poor as ITV always had a Sunday midday(ish) live game. I know the BBC have got a Final score type program on this afternoon but its not the same as live football.

People are commenting about the value of the cup being diminished but surely by not having it on terrestrial TV will do exactly that. Poor show whoever is to blame!

It's the early rounds so no one really cares about us lower league scum.

It's the early rounds so no one really cares about us lower league scum.
Oh I agree.

I just felt ITV had our backs and ensured that the FA cup was represented on TV in the earlier rounds. By not showing them it erodes the cups even further.

I'm not surprised though, the FA say its the most important cup competition in the world but no one else seems to agree.

I thought they were streaming them and you had a choice of about a dozen games today?

I'm too depressed to watch football today to check.

What is really hurting today is seeing the bloomin' Ewes on a goal spree, currently 5-2 up against Gosport :sad:

I thought they were streaming them and you had a choice of about a dozen games today?

I'm too depressed to watch football today to check.
Oh really? Well in that case I take it all back!

But yeah, watching more 1st round stuff is pretty soul destroying!

Last edited:
Ha ha Sorry OBL I think we would have got more if Healey had been allowed to play by Swansea. Our defence looked poor today, but hey who cares, we are in the 2nd round for the 1st time in ages!

Ha ha Sorry OBL I think we would have got more if Healey had been allowed to play by Swansea. Our defence looked poor today, but hey who cares, we are in the 2nd round for the 1st time in ages!

Here's hoping our good friends at Chester divert your attention back towards your relegation battle in the 3rd round :winking:

Here's hoping our good friends at Chester divert your attention back towards your relegation battle in the 3rd round :winking:
Ha ha they have beaten us before in the cup so it wouldn't be the 1st time, no doubt we will get some 300 mile trip to a northern outpost in round 2!

Back