• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SUFCFARAWAY

Afternoon.

Ok. I know this is very premature but just something I was thinking about. Say we get past Barnet on Saturday then win the 2nd round - what would you want in the third round?

Would you lot want a big Premier$hite team that could potentially be a big shock in the FA Cup and could be travelling to the likes of Anfield, Old Trafford or Highbury?

Or a lesser team from, say, League 1 or 2 that we could beat and get further along through the competiton thus generating more money from gate attendances and possible TV rights and coverage?

I have to go with the big team. It would be truely great to see us having to play the likes of Rooney, Henry or Gerrard either away or at home.

Whats your thoughts?

Having been Everton, Spurs & Sheff Wed in past season I can assure you there is nothing better than a massive team away.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,13:36)]Having been Everton, Spurs & Sheff Wed in past season I can assure you there is nothing better than a massive team away.
Sheff Wednesday? Massive team - was I even born then!

laugh.gif

Guess that was pre mid 90's

Assuming we win on Saturday - I'd like a (relatively) easy 2nd and 3rd round then a London based Premiers%&te club away in the 4th.

Yeah great, a nice non-league team in the 3rd round, with the possibility of a big London club on the horizon....draw the first game at home, but we get a second chance, the replay should be straight forward...sounds like a really horrible nightmare....

From the 3rd round on the magic of the FA Cup for clubs like us is always in drawing the biggest team possible IMHO.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Viking @ Nov. 03 2005,13:46)]Yeah great, a nice non-league team in the 3rd round, with the possibility of a big London club on the horizon....draw the first game at home, but we get a second chance, the replay should be straight forward...sounds like a really horrible nightmare....
Repressed memories have been brought back up. Need to phone from psychologist!

I would like a small club in dire financial difficulties and would like to eliminate them six-nil.

West Ham would do.

Would love to get the Hammers actually and beat them. My cousin would never live that down who plays for them! Can you guess who it is?

rock.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 03 2005,14:23)]Would love to get the Hammers actually and beat them. My cousin would never live that down who plays for them! Can you guess who it is?

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Alan Devonshire?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SUFCFARAWAY @ Nov. 03 2005,14:23)]Would love to get the Hammers actually and beat them. My cousin would never live that down who plays for them! Can you guess who it is?

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Phil Parks?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ulysses @ Nov. 03 2005,13:56)]Man Utd at home, to beat them and Fergie to quit!
Man Utd away - score a last minute equaliser to take them back to the Hall. Replay - we're trailing 1-0 going into the last minute before the Goat bangs in an equaliser, followed by a Freddy winner deep into injury time. Queue mass celebration and pitch invasion as the blues are carried off the pitch above shoulders.

To be honest I haven't had time to think about who I would like!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Sir Geoff Hurst

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 03 2005,15:09)]
[b said:

rock.gif
biggrin.gif
Sir Geoff Hurst
laugh.gif

No one is close

Give you a clue - he still plays for them now. And basically won them promotion to the Premier$hite last season in the playoffs!

rock.gif

Back