• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

About time the big clubs faced sanctions for fielding reserve teams...don't care about them being knocked out the cup...but the fans are still being fleeced decent money to watch this stuff.

If big clubs enter then they should be forced to field at least 7 players who started the cup game for the next league game,that will stop the nonsense.

If we faced rules in the Checkatrade about fielding a certain number then similar rules ought to apply in the FA Cup. It's an absolute travesty of a competition now compared to what it used to be - is that because there are more foreign owners and managers who don't understand the significance of it?

I always felt Lincoln would get something yesterday, Brighton challenging for promotion to the Premiership were hardly going to want the distraction of a cup competition and so it proved. Minimum 6 players who started the last game in future please.

If we faced rules in the Checkatrade about fielding a certain number then similar rules ought to apply in the FA Cup. It's an absolute travesty of a competition now compared to what it used to be - is that because there are more foreign owners and managers who don't understand the significance of it?

I always felt Lincoln would get something yesterday, Brighton challenging for promotion to the Premiership were hardly going to want the distraction of a cup competition and so it proved. Minimum 6 players who started the last game in future please.

The thing that annoys me is clubs argue they're giving kids first team experience, but if you change the entire squad you aren't really giving them first team experience, you're essentially just sticking them in a reserve match. If you want to give some kids experience play 7 or 8 first team players and then the selected kids will actually be learning from playing with the first team. Change the whole squad and it's essentially just the Checkatrade u23s.

I watched the Sutton - Leeds game on BT this afternoon, this what the FA cup is all about. What I really cannot bear is the BBC televising every Man Ure game regardless - what was the point in showing another home game against lower league opposition? There were lots of other clubs who could have benefited from the TV money...

Their 56th consecutive FA cup match on TV !

Clearly the BBC is full of Manure fans!

I watched the Sutton - Leeds game on BT this afternoon, this what the FA cup is all about. What I really cannot bear is the BBC televising every Man Ure game regardless - what was the point in showing another home game against lower league opposition? There were lots of other clubs who could have benefited from the TV money...

But it's not, I know for a fact that there's someone quite high up in MOTD that's a Shrimper!

It's ****ing ridiculous, man yoo v wigan how boring can you get.

After Lincoln won their replay the BBC asked to change the Man U v Wigan game to Lincoln V Brighton, the FA refused. So can't blame the BBC.

I've been to Sutton United a couple of times, one of which was called off just before half time for a waterlogged pitch and you could tell the drainage was non existent so good call by them on the astro (or whatever) pitch. Obviously has other advantages.
Just seen a man at Carshalton train station wearing a Sutton scarf who I cynically am assuming is the 1st time he has ever warn it.
Great ball from Nicky Bailey for what led to the penalty.

After Lincoln won their replay the BBC asked to change the Man U v Wigan game to Lincoln V Brighton, the FA refused. So can't blame the BBC.

Yes you can , the BBC should not take it for granted that everyone wants to the Man U all the time .

Yes you can , the BBC should not take it for granted that everyone wants to the Man U all the time .
But the BBC tried to change it to the Lincoln game and the FA refused, how does that make it the BBC's fault? They can take it for granted because whether you like it or not, Man United are going to pull a lot more viewers than the other games available, it's common sense not some sort of conspiracy about the BBC being based in Salford or liking Man U.

But the BBC tried to change it to the Lincoln game and the FA refused, how does that make it the BBC's fault? They can take it for granted because whether you like it or not, Man United are going to pull a lot more viewers than the other games available, it's common sense not some sort of conspiracy about the BBC being based in Salford or liking Man U.

Disagree - the neutral will always want to watch the minnows take on the big boys. The magic of the FA Cup isn't some tedious northern league fixture.

Disagree - the neutral will always want to watch the minnows take on the big boys. The magic of the FA Cup isn't some tedious northern league fixture.
It's not about what the neutral would rather watch. I'd much rather watch a minnow taking on the big boys (and minnows v big team games are almost always selected anyway) as well and so would a lot of other people, that's not the point. Manchester United are the biggest club in the country with the most fans, they are going to get a big tv audience no matter who they're playing, it's about ratings not what game will be more interesting to watch.

Considering the BBC tried to televise the Lincoln game instead of the Man U game I'm not sure what other game you think they should have televised bearing in mind they're interested in viewers not what is a more exciting game to the neutral.

It's not about what the neutral would rather watch. I'd much rather watch a minnow taking on the big boys (and minnows v big team games are almost always selected anyway) as well and so would a lot of other people, that's not the point. Manchester United are the biggest club in the country with the most fans, they are going to get a big tv audience no matter who they're playing, it's about ratings not what game will be more interesting to watch.

Considering the BBC tried to televise the Lincoln game instead of the Man U game I'm not sure what other game you think they should have televised bearing in mind they're interested in viewers not what is a more exciting game to the neutral.

Fleetwood v Southend :smile:

Or more realistically a Champions league spot for the winner would be a much bigger financial benefit than the current £3.4 Million on offer if a team goes all the distance throughout the rounds and lifts the FA cup.

I think clubs currently get a minimum of about £11 million each just for qualifying for the Champions league group stage alone. Bonus add on's would be around £1.3 million for each win and £428K for a draw just within the group stages.

Of course, it will never happen.

Back