• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Well that was another uninspiring draw draw from a neutrals point of view. It's a shame the minnows didn't get their pay day away at the larger clubs. I'm sure Sutton fans would have loved a day out at the emirates library & Lincoln getting drawn to Burnley isn't exactly a dream.

I think the biggest upset in the next round could be Huddersfield at home to Man City, although I think Millwall will have half a chance against Derby (if they beat Leicester).

My personal telly choice though if it's on the box, is Fulham V Spurs. Despite Tottenham being the obvious stronger team, the last time they faced Fulham in the FA Cup was also at Craven Cottage back in 2011 & they lost 4-0.

Gutting for Arsenal devotees as they will get somewhere less than 2,500 tickets and they must have more fans than that who haven't missed a game for years. But then that's what you get if you support a Bertie Big Bollocks club I guess.

Well that was another uninspiring draw draw from a neutrals point of view. It's a shame the minnows didn't get their pay day away at the larger clubs. I'm sure Sutton fans would have loved a day out at the emirates library & Lincoln getting drawn to Burnley isn't exactly a dream.

I think the biggest upset in the next round could be Huddersfield at home to Man City, although I think Millwall will have half a chance against Derby (if they beat Leicester).

My personal telly choice though if it's on the box, is Fulham V Spurs. Despite Tottenham being the obvious stronger team, the last time they faced Fulham in the FA Cup was also at Craven Cottage back in 2011 & they lost 4-0.

but you know the Beeb's first choice tie will be Blackburn -v- Man Ure so all of their armchair fans can watch their red team...

Wouldn't have thought Prem and Championship clubs were impartial about the FA Cup.:winking:

(As a Fulham fan I'm happy about their draw with Spurs).

I think it's a 2nd priority to staying in their prospective leagues. Arsenal will put out a youth team vs Sutton (and still win comfortably).

Gutting for Arsenal devotees as they will get somewhere less than 2,500 tickets and they must have more fans than that who haven't missed a game for years. But then that's what you get if you support a Bertie Big Bollocks club I guess.
Sutton 's ground capacity is 5,000. Arsenal will probably get the same amount as Leeds United got which was 755 tickets.

I watched the Sutton - Leeds game on BT this afternoon, this what the FA cup is all about. What I really cannot bear is the BBC televising every Man Ure game regardless - what was the point in showing another home game against lower league opposition? There were lots of other clubs who could have benefited from the TV money...

Their 56th consecutive FA cup match on TV !

Clearly the BBC is full of Manure fans!

It's not just the BBC.

I think it's fair to say that Tranmere will be disappointed with tonight's result! :Dizzy:

Why are so many games kicking off at 12:30pm and 17:30pm today?

How odd.

They can't all be on telly, though.

I hope it isn't the BBC's idea of this thing where they have a final score type programme with reporters around the grounds, like they do at 14:00pm on Sundays.

If so, what an utter farce!

They can't all be on telly, though.

I hope it isn't the BBC's idea of this thing where they have a final score type programme with reporters around the grounds, like they do at 14:00pm on Sundays.

If so, what an utter farce!
Apparently FA Cup games are spread out because of TV coverage abroad

OK thanks, Tia.

They should just abandon putting FA Cup games on the telly until the semi-finals. I mean who, anywhere in the world, is glued to Sheffield Wedensday v Luton Town at the moment!

Just have a highlights package on MOTD and play all the games at 3:00pm on a Saturday.

I've been thinking about this, though and I don't get why the kick-off times are all different.

It's not illegal to watch games abroad that start at 3:00pm. I'm guessing it's so a TV station in say Dar Es Salam can have three games on in a row, but why not just have the games that are already being covered on TV. What's the deal with Burnley v Barnsley, for example. Who on earth is showing that?

Back