• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

£820m over 5 years.

So whose pockets is that going to end up in, then!?

Right, now I know you're all itching to know how the FA Cup games are panning out this lunchtime.

Well, as it stands the higher placed teams in the leagues of England are all either winning or drawing. The magic of the cup, eh!

Soon to be Southend bound Peter Crouch has just equalised for Stoke at Shrewsbury and the matches at Turf Moor and Hillsborough are vying for the losing the will to live award!

Last edited:
So, nothing of note happened, at all.

Bring on the 3:00pm games!

Yep and the delightfdul Kelly Somers was covering it, as well. :Thumbs up::Cool:

Portsmouth kicking off shortly*

*Just like the old 6:57 days!

Finally some good use for VAR.

The Grimsby fella sent off for an awful studs up challenge, that Martin Atkinson didn't originally see.

Finally some good use for VAR.

The Grimsby fella sent off for an awful studs up challenge, that Martin Atkinson didn't originally see.

VAR has ,of course,been in operation all this season so far in La Liga.Of the matches I've seen at Cornellà I can only think of perhaps one problematic useage.That was in the derby against Barça.Not arguing about Espanyol's late goal,which was disallowed but the amount of time taken to make the decision was shocking.Both teams had already lined up and were waiting to take a KO which was changed to a foul after consulting VAR.

I went to West Ham v Birmingham. Not a lot of note other than West Ham United are dead, long live Stratford Olympic FC.

I had a bit of a weekend....

I've decided that the very small number of grounds I've left to do will be done by the end of the season.

So, on Saturday I found myself at the Riverside, watching Britt Assombalonga and George Friend score in Middlesbrough's 5-0 win over Peterborough.

On Sunday, I travelled over the Pennines to the Etihad (ground number 133 for those that count). Before the game there is an interview with Shaun Goater on their big screen. I then get to see Pep play pretty much a first team against Rotherham and win 7-0 (could have been much more)

Twelve goals in a weekend. That's not bad going.....

Back