• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

Appreciated. And for the lower teams it certainly is not a joke. At this point in time, against a team who fans don’t travel well and who we don’t want to play and in our financial position, having 1000 fans knocking around Roots Hall does not make sense. We will lose money hosting this match.

They will only open the East stand if it was less than 2,000.

So with other sales and the cost of just one stand we could make more than Col U on EFL game.

Plus for me its an opportunity to mix with some of those poor migrants that arrive from the West stand. Some locals get angry when they take over the back row of the East Greens etc but they are only trying to better themselves.

A chance to see a few squad players as well..... You should come and join us and spend a few quid. You never know you might actually enjoy the day.

They will only open the East stand if it was less than 2,000.

So with other sales and the cost of just one stand we could make more than Col U on EFL game.

Plus for me its an opportunity to mix with some of those poor migrants that arrive from the West stand. Some locals get angry when they take over the back row of the East Greens etc but they are only trying to better themselves.

A chance to see a few squad players as well..... You should come and join us and spend a few quid. You never know you might actually enjoy the day.
Us west standers know we are going up market when we don't have to paddle to the urinals at half time,pure luxury.

Us west standers know we are going up market when we don't have to paddle to the urinals at half time,pure luxury.

If you are in he East greens or blacks you will have still have to suffer vandalised bogs. If you go up market in the Captains bar the urinal waste pipe has leaked for years. Probably just need a quarter of turn on the joint.

My tip is prematch is OK. Get in early at half time because puddles start to form. Save the full time visit until the pub or you'll get wet. Even in May or August never wear sandals to RH. Even ladies in Summer dresses need a suitable work type site shoe from Tool Station if they intend to visit the loo.

Really a 5 hour trip up the A1 in the middle of winter no thanks home much better with some income for the club
The income probably is low for these gamed whether it's home or away being honest.I get your point but I'm sure some of our fans would really enjoy a new ground to visit

Really a 5 hour trip up the A1 in the middle of winter no thanks home much better with some income for the club
What he said. Why on earth would anyone be mad enough to travel that far north for a second string game on a mid week.

Pure folly

What he said. Why on earth would anyone be mad enough to travel that far north for a second string game on a mid week.

Pure folly
I'm pretty sure it would be scheduled for Saturday 14th January and the trophy to some is still important.Like I said won't appeal to some but will to others.

The income probably is low for these gamed whether it's home or away being honest.I get your point but I'm sure some of our fans would really enjoy a new ground to visit
No, not when travelling 5 hours in winters!

No, not when travelling 5 hours in winters!
We have a game scheduled at Oldham Athletic the following Saturday which as is well known can be freezing at best of times.We took over 700 fans to Gateshead when a lot of rain was about and you never know what could happen with game.Our weather is very unpredictable at times it maybe very bad then and travelling be silly for various reasons but also it maybe decent and no issue at all

Back