• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

I think there will be more supporters at the away league fixture than the home FA TROPHY game , shame really rather we had a massive home support and not many away .

We haven't had a cup run for years. A good cup run would be very well received and the financial implications could be massive in our dire financial state.

I'd estimate that prize money and ticket sales would be over 250k for winning the thing. That's staff getting paid, brewery getting paid etc.

And a trophy in the cabinet
Prize money for winning the Trophy amounts to a little under £100K (60% of which is for winning the final). Suspect most of the ticket money for Finals Day (combined with Vase final) goes to the FA to help fund the prize money. What did you base your estimate on ?

Prize money for winning the Trophy amounts to a little under £100K (60% of which is for winning the final). Suspect most of the ticket money for Finals Day (combined with Vase final) goes to the FA to help fund the prize money. What did you base your estimate on ?
That competition is a joke. Would be great to get to the final but we will probably go out in this round. Not worth opening the stadium for it.

The FA Trophy would look great in our trophy Cabinet alongside the 1980-81 Div 4 trophy and the 2005-06 League One trophy.

The league is obviously the priority but winning the FA trophy would be great

Bit of an overreaction. Lots of people don’t particularly rate the League Cup as a competition, but they aren’t accused of pathetic disrespect to League football.

Not at all. Could have reacted more by calling his comments arrogant and ignorant but I didn't. I am waiting for his qualification as to why the country's premiere non-league cup competition is a joke and not worth opening a ground of the questionable stature of Roots Hall for. Finals day is when non-league football fans can enjoy the culmination of the two non-league cup competitions, the Trophy and the Vase competed for by 905 non-league football clubs.

Anyone know if this game is covered on the season ticket?

I can remember when Season Tickets were actually small books of tear out tickets. Each ticket did not have the match printed on them only a number, and at the turnstiles they had a board with the ticket number that was required, for some reason these did not go in sequence, so you had to thumb through the book to find the right numbered ticket.

At the back of the book were FA Cup tickets again all numbered including Qtr Final, Semi Final, and Final. Always made me laugh at the optimism of my club.

Not at all. Could have reacted more by calling his comments arrogant and ignorant but I didn't. I am waiting for his qualification as to why the country's premiere non-league cup competition is a joke and not worth opening a ground of the questionable stature of Roots Hall for. Finals day is when non-league football fans can enjoy the culmination of the two non-league cup competitions, the Trophy and the Vase competed for by 905 non-league football clubs.
Sadly there still seems to be a few at the club who still feel "The Shrimpers" are far to big for the NL". (arrogance is terrible) No club (no matter how high their home gates and away support are) ---(every club who is a member of the NL is there for a reason) I am not being critical of SUFC (or any other club) but that is the plain and simple truth.

We haven't had a cup run for years. A good cup run would be very well received and the financial implications could be massive in our dire financial state.

I'd estimate that prize money and ticket sales would be over 250k for winning the thing. That's staff getting paid, brewery getting paid etc.

And a trophy in the cabinet
Or a £250k made up charge to one of Ron's failing companies.

At least the trophy would be nice.

Back