• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Darlington - travel, pubs etc.

Bit of an overreaction. Lots of people don’t particularly rate the League Cup as a competition, but they aren’t accused of pathetic disrespect to League football.
Serious overreaction. The prize money, even for winning the final is awful, I’m sure in the earlier rounds it’s even worse. Would we break even with a sub 1000 crowd? Even with a 2000 crowd? Is it even worth it?

Serious overreaction. The prize money, even for winning the final is awful, I’m sure in the earlier rounds it’s even worse. Would we break even with a sub 1000 crowd? Even with a 2000 crowd? Is it even worth it?

You haven't explained why it is "a joke". Sporting contests aren't simply about how much money you get for winning matches.

You haven't explained why it is "a joke". Sporting contests aren't simply about how much money you get for winning matches.
Appreciated. And for the lower teams it certainly is not a joke. At this point in time, against a team who fans don’t travel well and who we don’t want to play and in our financial position, having 1000 fans knocking around Roots Hall does not make sense. We will lose money hosting this match.

FAT 2022/23 prize fund:

First round qualifying: Winners receive £1500, losers receive £400
Second round qualifying: Winners receive £2250 losers receive £575
Third round qualifying: Winners receive £2450, losers receive £625
First round: Winners receive £3000, losers receive £775
Second round: Winners receive £3750, losers receive £1000
Third round: Winners receive £4500, losers receive £1250
Fourth round: Winners receive £5250, losers receive £1500
Fifth round: Winners receive £6000, losers receive £1750
Quarter Final: Winners receive £7500, losers receive £2000
Semi-Final: Winners receive £15,000, losers receive £5000
Final runners-up: £30,000
Final winners: £60,000

FAT 2022/23 prize fund:

First round qualifying: Winners receive £1500, losers receive £400
Second round qualifying: Winners receive £2250 losers receive £575
Third round qualifying: Winners receive £2450, losers receive £625
First round: Winners receive £3000, losers receive £775
Second round: Winners receive £3750, losers receive £1000
Third round: Winners receive £4500, losers receive £1250
Fourth round: Winners receive £5250, losers receive £1500
Fifth round: Winners receive £6000, losers receive £1750
Quarter Final: Winners receive £7500, losers receive £2000
Semi-Final: Winners receive £15,000, losers receive £5000
Final runners-up: £30,000
Final winners: £60,000
Thanks Kay.

So £1250 to the losers.

Does anyone have any idea of our match day costs? £1250 sounds awful but with 1000 through the gate at £10 a ticket we may break even.

Appreciated. And for the lower teams it certainly is not a joke. At this point in time, against a team who fans don’t travel well and who we don’t want to play and in our financial position, having 1000 fans knocking around Roots Hall does not make sense. We will lose money hosting this match.
We lose money playing every league season too.

I can remember when Season Tickets were actually small books of tear out tickets. Each ticket did not have the match printed on them only a number, and at the turnstiles they had a board with the ticket number that was required, for some reason these did not go in sequence, so you had to thumb through the book to find the right numbered ticket.

At the back of the book were FA Cup tickets again all numbered including Qtr Final, Semi Final, and Final. Always made me laugh at the optimism of my club.
I printed those in the 70's on a Heidelberg Letterpress Platen, numbered & perforated whilst printing them!. Those were the days....!.

Back