• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News FA Trophy 5th Round: Southend United v York City, Saturday 11 Feb 3pm

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
The outstanding 4th round postponed games are now due to be played on Tuesday 17th January 2023, and the 5th Round is set for Saturday 11 February 2023.

Teams still left in the competition are as follows:

Maidstone United FC
Gateshead FC
Dorking Wanderers FC
Bracknell Town FC
Maidenhead United FC
Barnet FC
Southend United FC
Aldershot Town FC
Eastleigh FC
Hungerford Town FC
York City FC
Farsley Celtic AFC
Altrincham FC

Harrow Borough FC v FC Halifax Town
Torquay United FC v Taunton Town FC
Banbury United FC v Coalville Town FC

From a selfish point of view, Taunton away if they beat Torquay.
Taunton is just under an hours drive for me. 👍

Of course it's the Cup and anything can happen but with Wrexham, Chesterfield, Boreham Wood, Woking and Notts County all gone, no one should frighten us. I suppose it depends on a bit of luck and how much we want it, as to how far we go in this competition. Personally, if it was a choice between getting to the Final and having a play-off place, I know which I'd choose. Could we have both, or is that asking too much?

Never a better time to get to the final.
That big game knockout experience of a cup final (and indeed semi-finals) would help a play-off campaign so much.

I’m not sure how many of our side have played in play-offs before but I’d imagine the vast majority haven’t.

We are the 2nd highest ranked team left after Barnet, so we are in with a good chance of going deep into the competition.

Cue Barnet away in the draw.

Jeez there some crap sides left in! Southend should really get to the finals with those teams left in. Nice trip to Wembley is very much on the cards.

The lure of such a great chance of a Wembley final , alongside an excellent chance of promotion via the play offs will hopefully persuade any player here to stick with us rather than jump ship. We are on the cusp of great things ! UTB

Back