• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy Round 4 - Dagenham & Redbridge (A)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get your point and it was a mistake on my part. Found them unwelcoming for other reasons too, the fabricated hostility towards us in local pubs a few years back even though at the end of the day we're just blokes having a drink like they are. Yet because we have a different shirt on they want to kick our heads in.

That's thin ice for we Shrimpers fans Barry, remembering what happened to poor Simon Dobbin. That's one of the main reasons why we aren't everyone's favourite set of fans. As usual a moronic and in that case violent few taint the rest of us.

I have been to Dagenham four times and have never had any issues. Before the games we have been in the clubhouse twice and in the Eastbrook pub twice. I have found Dagenham fans to be friendly and I just don’t see them as rivals, more just a local fixture. The rivalry is with Colchester and to a smaller extent Orient.

I get that you had a bad experience at an away game once which has turned you against this club, but I literally don't know any Southend fan who considers them a 'main rival'. It's a handy game to get to down the A13 or on the train.

It's debatable whether Dagenham is even in Essex any more .. it's in the London borough of Barking & Dagenham. Considering their proximity to WHU and their history what do you expect their attendances to be?
In my book our main rivals have always been Col U, Lincoln and Watford

Sorry I was asked a question. This is a public forum isn't it? I'll ask your permission to post something in future.

I'm meeting up with Dagenham and West Ham fans tomorrow and just like all of us no one has ever seen or heard of your story. Or had trouble in pubs.

Even PB came for drink with his family in the Victoria bar after we one 3-1? in 2015. They were given respect and distance so he was happy to be photographed with young Daggers..

Your a fraud.

Trying to fabricate a rivalry with Dagenham is akin to Sky Sports trying their hardest to convince regular football fans that Crystal Palace and Brighton are rivals.

I'm meeting up with Dagenham and West Ham fans tomorrow and just like all of us no one has ever seen or heard of your story. Or had trouble in pubs.

Even PB came for drink with his family in the Victoria bar after we one 3-1? in 2015. They were given respect and distance so he was happy to be photographed with young Daggers..

Your a fraud.
This happened on the Tuesday night when Kevin Hurst scored. 2013

I haven't had trouble in pubs going Dagenham away. I just said I didn't find any of them particularly welcoming. Not that we'll be allowed in any like the league game.

Gonna be another great following by us tomorrow. The fans of this great club are something special and I cant imagine any other club having the amount of supporters following the club away as we do after what we have been through and with our league position.

Totally agree Dan, in the days of Div 1 and now the premier League, whenever I have had a discussion with my mates of clubs in the top divisions, I have always pointed out our away following as a percentage of home gates.

At any time, however we have been performing and in any division , our away following is and always has been phenomenal for a club of our level and what I consider to be, underperformance, for the majority of our existence for a town of our size and level we should be achieving.

Hello Shrimpers, Dagger in peace here if you want a drink try out the clubhouse very cheap drink compared to local pubs and you should be able to get on with no colours if they state no away fans nonsense. Big screens to watch any early football and you can leave at 2.55 to get in your seat.

The pipe major pub is a carvery venue so not a typical stand up and drink pub before football, you’ll end up outside in the cold of it’s too busy which it normally is Saturday afternoons with people eating.

Other alternative is Romford, plenty of pubs and the 103 bus drops you right outside ground and takes about 15 mins.
Oh are we allowed this time as in the league game it was closed for away fans .

Dagenham close enough to Southend so why not look upon them as rivals ,same as we do with Col ewe and a certain degree Borient.
That would be embarrassing, the Scum are only rivals because they’re North Essex otherwise they’d never be on our radar
Orient are not really rivals, just became so because we didn’t play Colchester for a while after they dropped down the league’s
Personally I consider our real rivals as West Ham

That would be embarrassing, the Scum are only rivals because they’re North Essex otherwise they’d never be on our radar
Orient are not really rivals, just became so because we didn’t play Colchester for a while after they dropped down the league’s
I think if we were the same level as Wet Spam there would be one hell of a rivalry.

Last edited:

Yes because we’re surrounded by them.

It seems everywhere I turn, be it work, or socially, I overhear some half baked conversation about them winning the World Cup in ‘66 ?

By and large the most deluded set of fans you’ll ever meet.

Sadly we’ll probably never be on that level where they consider us rivals, but for all intents and purposes I’d love us to one day be the proverbial thorn in their side.

By and large the most deluded set of fans you’ll ever meet.
Agreed. Been to the London Stadium with Spammer mates on a few occasions this season.

Slating their own players if they even dare to put a foot wrong. I threatened them with a return trip to Roots Hall if they didn't kindly shut their gobs, it worked ?

Back in the 70's i always considered Brentford, Brighton & Watford as our main ones. Never once had Colchester in the equation.
There’s never been a rivalry as full of hatred as the games against Watford
I never stopped wanting them to drop back down the League’s until they gave us Asabolonga
Suddenly all was forgotten and in the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back