• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA Trophy

Jeez people, we have a home game in the Trophy and straight away it will be a banana skin. You never know, we may win comfortably. The cynicism runs deep at the moment obviously.

Cup competitions are always potential banana skins though RHB, and Dorking will be stiff opposition. I'm confident that we will win, but you can bet that the Dorking players will be well up for it.

Cup competitions are always potential banana skins though RHB, and Dorking will be stiff opposition. I'm confident that we will win, but you can bet that the Dorking players will be well up for it.
Of course they will, I don't doubt that for a moment. And banana skins exist in abundance. I just struggle with the speed of the doomsters at times.

Of course they will, I don't doubt that for a moment. And banana skins exist in abundance. I just struggle with the speed of the doomsters at times.
Yes, I know what you mean. Not sure it applies this time really though.

The draw

Boston United v Kidderminster Harriers
2 Matlock Town or Marske United v York City
3 Stockport County v Grimsby Town
4 Stourbridge v AFC Telford United
5 Morpeth Town v Liversedge or Lancaster City
6 Chesterfield v Ashton United or Guiseley
7 King’s Lynn Town v Whitby Town or Nantwich Town
8 Notts County v Altrincham
9 Farsley Celtic or Stalybridge Celtic v Southport or Darlington
10 Wrexham v Gloucester City
11 Bradford (Park Avenue) or Marine v FC Halifax Town
12 AFC Fylde v Solihull Moors
13 Curzon Ashton v Alfreton Town
14 Radcliffe v Spennymoor Town or Chorley
15 Eastleigh v Enfield Town
16 Cheshunt v Bishop’s Stortford
17 Aldershot Town v Kingstonian
18 Cray Wanderers v Dartford
19 Southend United v Dorking Wanderers
20 Larkhall Athletic v AFC Totton
21 St Albans City v Braintree Town
22 Dover Athletic v Bromley
23 Yeovil Town v Woking
24 Truro City v Dagenham & Redbridge
25 Slough Town v Eastbourne Borough
26 Barnet v Boreham Wood
27 Tonbridge Angels v Torquay United
28 Hungerford Town v Weymouth
29 Needham Market v Wealdstone
30 Folkestone Invicta v Uxbridge
31 Plymouth Parkway v Dulwich Hamlet
32 Maidenhead United v Maidstone United

It will take place on Saturday 18 December 2021

There are no replays at this stage, so if a match is drawn after 90 minutes, the winner shall be determined by a penalty shootout. If a match is postponed, this must be rescheduled and played within the postponement window, on or before Thursday 23 December.

COYB, UTB :LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter::LoyalSupporter:

Dorking were top of the National League South last season before it ended early, this could have been a league fixture this season. I wonder how much their team has changed.

I have watched Concord Vs Dorking, we should beat them if we keep improving and at home too, if we played away, it’s be tricky.

I have watched Concord Vs Dorking, we should beat them if we keep improving and at home too, if we played away, it’s be tricky.
You really are the classic, “they beat someone 2-0 that we beat 4-0 so we should win 2-0” merchant ??

I'm just hoping that we will take this seriously.

If you put it into the context of where we now find ourselves this is the Cup competition which we come into at the level the Premier and Championship clubs come into the FA Cup.
This gives a real chance of a crack at a Cup run and the prize of a Wembley Final hangs at the end.

A run in this competition would be welcome for the finances and, strange as it may seem, in theory we should be expected to be in with an outside shout of last 16.

I'm sure we'll see just how seriously we're taking it if we only open the East Stand again...

I'm just hoping that we will take this seriously.

If you put it into the context of where we now find ourselves this is the Cup competition which we come into at the level the Premier and Championship clubs come into the FA Cup.
This gives a real chance of a crack at a Cup run and the prize of a Wembley Final hangs at the end.

A run in this competition would be welcome for the finances and, strange as it may seem, in theory we should be expected to be in with an outside shout of last 16.

I'm sure we'll see just how seriously we're taking it if we only open the East Stand again...
Much like the Essex Senior Cup then.

We won that trophy at Wembley in 1992 when we were in the Conference, it was a great day out at the old Wembley in front of around 25000 Colchester fans in a crowd of 32254. There were 6 ex Shrimpers players in our side that day,Paul Roberts, Dave Martin, Jason Cook, Roy McDonough, Steve McGavin, and Nicky Smith!

Dont suppose that Dorking will bring that many supporters and with some home fans not bothering as its close to Christmas wouldn't be suprised if the club decides to just have the East Stand open.As a West Stand ST holder hope I wrong

Dont suppose that Dorking will bring that many supporters and with some home fans not bothering as its close to Christmas wouldn't be suprised if the club decides to just have the East Stand open.As a West Stand ST holder hope I wrong
The gates in FA Trophy games are notoriously well down compared to normal league matches, almost certainly will open just the East Stand.

If they do it will be another self fulfilling prophesy.

I despair.

Low prices free children and strong marketing should be the plan.

If they do it will be another self fulfilling prophesy.

I despair.

Low prices free children and strong marketing should be the plan.
Quite.

If we were to open up, as a minimum, the West in addition to the East and 'paper the house' with cheap tickets and kids free or a £1 we would stand a chance of creating a bit of an atmosphere.

When we only opened the East against Chertsey I felt the stadium felt very flat and lacked any real feel. Against Chertsey we got away without the atmosphere but they were a fair bit lower down the pyramid and a team we should be expected to beat. Dorking are a different kettle of fish sitting about 13 places below us in the National League South and, if things had gone differently pandemic wise, would probably have been promoted and this could be a fixture of clubs of equal standing. They will come here fancying a win and a bit of atmosphere might make all the difference... not too sure they will have experienced what Roots Hall can be too often recently.

As Colchester and proud says above the chance of a day out at Wembley is not something to be sniffed at especially after the last few seasons. A chance of a feel good day again.

You lot need to get real.....If we focus on the league then we can still have a day out at Wembley in May.

Back