• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick

Life President
Another away draw, this time at MK Dons. To be played by Nov 4th.

They played Hornchurch there last year so I'd say pretty definitely.

Although I assume the kick-off times currently on the FA site (7pm) will change. Full time will be bedtime for some of the players otherwise.

Although I assume the kick-off times currently on the FA site (7pm) will change. Full time will be bedtime for some of the players otherwise.

Played plenty of evening youth cup games at Roots Hall in the past with later kick off times than that!

Last season's FA Youth Cup threw up a few great team names and the draw for 1st round this year hasn't let us down, so here's the teams to look out for :-

Buttersford Town
Dunkirk
Handsworth Parramore
Clanfield 85
Ash United
Sholing

I also noticed that Rushden & Dimaonds have made it through. Just when you thought they didn't exist anymore!

Clanfield 85 interests me, Andy. Can you give me some background on them?

Yes, good question 'priorypark pete'

Now, research tells us they play in the Hellenic League West Division, amongst such luminaries as Shrivenham, Letcombe, Pewsey Vale and Headington Amateurs.

They are currently sitting 10th out of 15 sides.

Ardley United are top with an impressive played 10, won 10 record.

At the foot of the table sits Tytherington Rocks, who certainly don't rock, as they have played 8, lost 8. Conceding 52 goals in those 8 games!
:Goal:

The two sides met at the weekend. Tytherington Rocks hosting their illustrious opponents and coming out slightly worse off with an 0-11 reverse! :thumbdown:

Last edited:
Played plenty of evening youth cup games at Roots Hall in the past with later kick off times than that!

lovejoy3.jpg

This has been arranged, as a Halloween treat, for Tuesday 31st October at 7pm.

This has been arranged, as a Halloween treat, for Tuesday 31st October at 7pm.

I can give a little bit of insight into our opposition as i unwittingly did a scouting mission 2 weeks ago as i saw my mates son play for Orient U18s against MK Dons U18s.
O's had a weakened strikeforce for this game and this proved to be the difference between the teams as 3 2nd half goals gave the Dons a 3-0 win.
They play a 4-4-2 formation with 2 out and out wingers hugging the touchlines looking easily their biggest danger ... the left winger looked particularly skillful with very quick feet and plenty of tricks. He doesnt like the physical stuff though so a bit of aggression from our right back should quieten the lad down a bit. The blonde right winger "cheats " in that he doesnt track back and he literally stays so wide the linesman has to dodge him as he runs past! But although he saw a lot of the ball he didnt really have the pace to make the best of it. MK Dons star man is a centre forward who boasts a backside Ade Akinfenwa would be proud of , indeed we had to keep his overly vocal father quiet as he continually bigged his son up from the touchline. He did very little in my opinion apart from slot away a late one on one with the O's keeper . But on enquiring with the fat lads fat dad he is the next Dele Ali. I refused to believe this rubbish but on googling it would appear that "Dylan Asonganyi" is indeed poised to join the big time as Man Utd , Liverpool and Arsenal all battle for his signature !!!!!

So a tough game for Blues up in MK but although well organised i didnt see their defence as anything special - just keep that left winger quiet !!! Good luck Southend lads !!!!

Top stuff.

Serious suggestion, but might be worth letting the club know that, as it might help the preparation from our end.

Well, here we are with the First Round update.

Not all the ties are completed. In fact, those teams mentioned in my previous post haven't played yet, but there have been a few results of note, so far.

Obviously, the mighty Shrimpers have exited this prestigious competition, but there were comfortable wins for Wigan, Blackpool, Exeter and by the small margin of 7-2, Plymouth Argyle.

No major shocks, so far. League sides triumphing, in general. However, Welling United and Lewes are safely through.

Tie of the round, though, was at the Community Stadium last night, where Col Ewe beat Cheshunt 5-4 in front of 227 delighted fans.

Tonight's fixtures include the mighty Bottesford Town away at Rotherham United, whilst Handsworth Parramore entertain Crewe Alexandra.

More as we get it.

I'm far more disappointed about this than I am the defeat to Billericay last week. There could have been some great opportunities for our youngsters further along in the draw to play in top stadia against real stars of the future.

I'd normally take this opportunity to wish the team who beat us the best of luck for the rest of the competition but...not this time.

They did it!

My new adopted team, Clanfield 85, brushed aside ne'er do wells - Cambridge City - last night, with a crushing 2-1 win!
:happy:

Sholing also made it through, but the night before, Bottesford Town were taught a schoolboy lesson with a 7-0 thrashing. Handsworth Parramore also bit the dust.

Match of the night was Dageneham & Redbridge's 6-4 win at Hitchin Town. There was a fine win for Bishop Stortford, as well, beating Boreham Wood.

All eyes will now be on the 2nd round draw, which probably takes place in someone's bedroom.

Lucky your adopted team isn't Fort William...
P14 Pts 1 GD -56. Nothing unusual there!

Last season, someone like Rothes FC had a pretty similar dismal record, from memory.

Back