• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

FA

David Osborne

Full Back
I apologise if this has been brought up before but I’m a newby, but should the FA not step in to at least review the state of affairs at our club ??

All the governing bodies in football are a disgrace and have no interest in assisting any of their clubs, only penalising. The EFL wanted us out and did everything they could to make sure it happened. Same with Orient, and any 'problem' club that comes their way.

The independent football regulator recommended by the fan-led review that was published last year would be a huge step forward. Sadly it looks like the Government aren't interested in this because it might stop the rich getting richer.

What happens if the FA assesses that an existing owner is not and fit and proper?

I don’t see how they can compel an owner to sell except by threatening to sanction the club (which if they go ahead and do will hurt us more than it hurts Ron).

What happens if the FA assesses that an existing owner is not and fit and proper?

I don’t see how they can compel an owner to sell except by threatening to sanction the club (which if they go ahead and do will hurt us more than it hurts Ron).
The FA don’t assess it (more accurately the EFL / NL don’t); it’s a self certified form that basically asks if you’ve been bankrupt or in prison. It’s not a comprehensive test of ability, morality, or willingness to do the right thing.

Anyone who fails the directors and owners test has a lot more to worry about than the test itself.

Back