• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do I add him on Facebook or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just got a new friend request on Facebook.
I put it to the good people of ShrimperZone, do I add him or not?

Basically, the request is from a bloke I went to school with but lost touch at 16. Five or so years later, we bump into each other and go for a beer, he tells me how he's been engaged to some girl for a couple of years but how it's all about to go t1ts up. At that time, I've also had a long-term g/f and was about to propose seeing as I was just about to finish my studies. Me and this bloke get quite matey again (he even accompanied me to Roots Hall a few times).

Then about a year later, after my g/f accepts my proposal, the 3 of us arrange to go to France for a booze-cruise daytrip. Now, this is where it gets interesting, I said whatever you do, don't book it for Nov 27th (as I was going to a mate's birthday party) and lo & behold that's what he did. I wasn't that happy but being a trustworthy kind of a bloke, him & my g/f go off to France together for the day. I hear nothing from him after they get back and my fiancée goes all weird on me and this came to a head a couple of weeks later when she dumps me just before Christmas.

About a month later, I find out they're now an item and despite one final "goodbye" and another hare-brained scheme to win her back, it turns out that a year or so later they get married and have 2 (at least to my knowledge, some people have told me there's a third) kids. As with all relationship trauma you get over it, but I have to admit it took me years to feel OK with things and about 5 or 6 years after (just before I relocated to Glasgow) I was out with a group of friends for Sunday lunch and we bumped into their little family group. Having wondered "what if" for so long just seemed to evaporate in a split-second, as there was me (beautiful girl on arm), looking reasonably good and happy and popular compared to their regular "chatter" of family noise and bickering and the 2 of them looking almost grey with all the stress and apparent contempt for each other.

*edit* - I forgot to add this bloke was also supposed to be the best man at our wedding!!!

So, do I (8 years later) now add him on FB or tell him to **** off and crawl back under his stone? You decide! Poll will close Sunday.

Last edited:
Tell him where to stick it Rich, cant even believe the cheek of the bloke for trying to get back in contact.

Build bridges, not walls.

We're all going to need people to carry our coffin one day.

**** that, this slimy **** moved in on G's bird, innit?
Seems to me this was all a plan of this geezers from the moment he set eyes on G's missus.

GlasgowSUFC, what I would suggest is you accept his invitation, build up his trust, then, when he's off guard, bash him repeatedly around the chops with something heavy thereby asserting your manliness and making him realise he's a worthless ****.

Sometimes, prolonged excessive violence is the only solution.

Let me know how it goes.

Polls a bit of a landslide so far (almost as much %age wise as the is Ashley Cole a tool one) I recon at the end you should send a message to your ''mate'' saying you were a bit dubious of him asking you to add him as a friend so asked for some advice off some other mates, then copy and paste a few of our replies so he can read them.

Imagining his face when he started reading through all of them, priceless.

Yeah me too. Puts my "Shall I add my old boss or not?" dilemma of last week in the shade somewhat.

Add him. Then tag all his photos with patronising comments and nods to things only your ex would get. Karma is a wonderful thing...

Jeez the cheek of some people

I don't know much about face book, but I would only add him if there was some way I could make his life absolutely hell by doing so.

otherwise send Tarquin round there........

Add him and then start a smear campaign.

i agree, add him, find out where he lives and smear **** all over his house, car and wife!! maybe just wee on his kids, proabably perceptive to illness and **** might upset their stomachs!!

add him and then copy all the pics he has on here, we have enough budding graphic designers who could make them "interesting"... then re-upload them to your facebook and tag him in every one!

If that was me, i'd accept his friend request. It all happened a long time ago. However, if he then tried to be strike up conversation, asking how you've been etc, i wouldn't be too impressed...

No way, can't believe the cheeky git is even requesting it! It makes you ask yourself how much you would trust your mates with your girlfriend? I trust mine, but I am exceptionally good in bed ;)

If that was me, i'd accept his friend request. It all happened a long time ago. However, if he then tried to be strike up conversation, asking how you've been etc, i wouldn't be too impressed...

Basically, you like to show people how popular you are on facebook by adding everyone as a friend even though you don't really like them?

Rich, his relationship is probably heading down the toilet and he knows what a puller you are, so he might want to slime into your current relationship. Tell him where to go ---- once a slimeball bird-nicker always a ****.

right.....whats his name? who is he? lets give him a shoeing in the name of SUFC!!! its what tilly would want!!

No point showing any antipathy towards him - like you say, you've moved on. But that's also the point; you've moved on, he's part of your past, so no reason to add him whatsoever.

Back