• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
For any of you that have Facebook on here and are a friend of mine, you will probably have seen the message that was left on your wall from my account in the early hours of yesterday morning. Regarding "legal bud"

This was NOT sent by me, and after dong some digging on the net I found this article HERE

A total disgrace and I am now contemplating deletion of my Facebook account. I have been left seriously embarrassed by this and this message has been seen by many family members, friends, work colleagues etc.

Ive received numerous messages from people having a pop at me for advertising illegal substances even though it wasn't my fault, not that I blame them.

I have spent two hours this afternoon going round 150+ friends message walls and deleting the offending spam message to try and save a little face, but the damage has been done already.

I just hope most that know me personally, will realise I have been a victim of a serious security breach on Facebook and will take no notice. Lets hope my work colleagues and indeed my boss take the same stance.

I cannot describe in words how disgusted and violated I feel after this, but I have done my best and sent Mr Zuckerberg and his useless team a rather fruity email, lets hope for all our sakes they sort this issue out, as I am just one of an alarming and continually growing number of Facebook members, that have fallen victim to this Spambot and general security breach.

Keep on guard people and if this happens to you, delete your account or at least add an extra level to your password.

This sort of thing will be the downfall of this "Great internet superpower" and to be honest they deserve it for allowing this to happen in their own backyard.

I just wish I had 150+ friends on facebook....:'(

I think tho, most will know it werent really you Smiffy.....and if anything your new profile pic has confirmed that your only suspect substance is "Chanel No 5".....:stunned:

Hope your right mate, as my boss is also on my friend list!

Whatever way you slice it though, it's a disgraceful security breach and one that could have serious consequences for some unfortunate individuals.

And hey that's a bottle of WKD in the picture not a bottle of Chanel No5!

Well, as you know I am quite on the ball so sussed it....I have deleted it...

I do agree tho that this sort of thing is an issue with many sites and unfortunate in the modern world. However, I stick by the fact that those who know you will realise very quickly it didnt come from you.

It will just take a while longer for others to catch up.

Wkd my ****......lol

I just cant believe this sort of thing can happen on a major player site like Facebook. They have billions of dollars behind them, yet some spotty yank in his treehouse, munching on a jelly doughnut, has managed to breach their security net and spam thousands and thousands of members. If this hacker has access to passwords etc, he must be able to gain all the other info on a users profile aswell, which worries me even more to be honest.

A total joke and I hope they bite the dust for this, I really do...

You are more likely to find that the more prolific hackers are employed by the big companies as "security analysts"....than anything else.....

Jesus I hope this does not happen to me as I have well over 400 friends and can't be arsed to go round deleting it or sending out apologies.

Amazing all this bollocks that goes on, on facebook something similar happen to me on Myspace I wrote on all my friends walls about ringtones?!?!

tbh i cant really see what all the fuss is about?! it'll take a pretty dumb person to actually believe your selling this 'legal bud', i can't see how this can make you seriously embarrassed.

This sort of 3rd party spamming thing has been going on for years on pretty much all social networks like myspace, facebook, bebo etc, all it does is send out comments, does nothing to your profile and leaves nothing harmful

I had this happen to me! Got back from work and a 'legal bud' message had been sent to abour 50 contacts, i had school friends that i hadnt spoken to in years leaving me messages saying "no thanks"!

What application is it? I don't even have that many, maybe 4 or 5!

I had this happen to me! Got back from work and a 'legal bud' message had been sent to abour 50 contacts, i had school friends that i hadnt spoken to in years leaving me messages saying "no thanks"!

What application is it? I don't even have that many, maybe 4 or 5!

Yep, we aint the only ones mate, It's happened to many others aswell..

I have no idea how or what has caused this to happen, but from doing a bit of digging it seems that an application is the most likely way a spammer will be able to use your account.

Rumours are that Facebook seem to be disregarding peoples privacy and selling account info to 3rd parties left, right and centre. Ive even seen instances where peoples status updates include spam, surely that is going way, way over the line?...

Anyhow, I have removed pretty much every application I had on there and I have changed my password and made it a lot harder to crack. It happens again, I will seek legal advice thats for sure.

Back