• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Facebook spying, Edward Snowden & The NSA

MK Shrimper

Striker
After the "shock" tip off that the NSA are apparantly spying on us all via Facebook etc, I have been strangely non-plussed by the whole thing.

Yes, it's illegal but isn't it the old story if you've got nothing to hide, then there's nothing to worry about?

I think it's quite hilarious the the servers of the NSA are filling up with the continual poop that I type on Facebook on a daily basis.

Thoughts?

I'd imagine the US security services are far more concerned with what Snowden knows and could release if pushed, which is supposed to be a substantial amount, than his release of information relating to Prism. The actual content of communication is protected in the US by the Fourth Amendment, so they're only really after the metadata - phone numbers, locations, time, date etc - and are using that to correlate with possible terrorist activity.

The longer he spends holed up in a hotel room in Hong Kong, the greater the chance that he'll be ransacked and dragged to some blacklist location by Chinese authorities and questioned/interrogated for intelligence.

m'eh, not fussed. As MK says, if you have nothing to hide, not a worry.

More worrying are jerks like this, that are given positions of trust and authority, and then go agasint all the documents of confidentiallity they have signed, to become some kind of Martyr. Disolutioned Martyrs are practically only one step away from home-made terrorists, when you consider the damage the wrong information in the wrong hands can cause

m'eh, not fussed. As MK says, if you have nothing to hide, not a worry.

More worrying are jerks like this, that are given positions of trust and authority, and then go agasint all the documents of confidentiallity they have signed, to become some kind of Martyr. Disolutioned Martyrs are practically only one step away from home-made terrorists, when you consider the damage the wrong information in the wrong hands can cause

Normally, and especially in the case of Bradley Manning, I'd agree, but Snowden certainly appears to have withheld and redacted large swathes of the material he recovered before releasing it so as to protect individuals whilst still revealing what he considers to be a huge invasion of privacy not just in the US, but across the world. Whistleblowers are a huge source of unveiling corruption in governments and industry, particularly in the pharmaceutical industry where if it wasn't for whistleblowers the NHS and equivalent programmes like Medicare would still be being defrauded by huge pharma companies like Boehringer.

Playing devils advocate who knows what criminal plots analysis of this data has already foiled and how many lives it has already saved?

I don't like the idea of my activities being surveilled but neither do I like the idea of being blown up ny terrorists.

Still, nice to know he's was with a supportive partner. Oh look, a chance for me to make a bit of money while I pose in my bra & pants.

8169_1370971713.jpg

Wierd woman.

Back