• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

blue79

Banned
Premature I know but should we fail to get up which senior players can you see leaving.

Would Bilel, Clohessy and Hall etc atttract takers in at least the division above?

I do believe contract talks started with a number of players just after Christmas but lets face it the better ones were never going to sign before the season ends. They'd wait to see which division the team will be in next season.

Failure to go up and can't see Hall, Clohessy, Bilel or Kane signing extentions which they've all already done once. with all of those having a year left if they're not sold this summer they'll walk for free next year.

Bilel is interesting. the club can activate the years option in his deal but irrelevent in my mind should he not sign again.

I do think did certain players want Bilel returning. Two defeats in three upon his return and not really pulled up any trees.

Intriguing summer if we don't make it.

I couldn't really see anyone leaving except some fringe players like Sturrock, Paterson etc IMO

I still ask how we can afford them all in the first place.
I suspect the answer to my question is "we can't".

I could see Swindon being interested in Hall, he on one wing and Ritchie on the other with Benson up top. I think we would look to cash in on Kane and maybe a few fringe players, other than that not sure any of the squad would really improve a League One side that dramatically.

I don't think it really matters anyway I think it was going to happen no matter if we go up or stay down ,there is a number of players out of contract we new this last season there will be a complete overhaul of playing staff

If we fail we will receive bids for,

Kane, Hall and possible Bilel
The remainder will be decided with which contract will be renewed etc but I can Morris, Prosser, Gilbert, MJL, Woodyard, Asante, Paterson, Crawford, Corr and possibly Kalala all going

I really don't think Prosser will leave, unless the boss does. He's still quite young and very versatile, a good asset to the squad.

I really don't think Prosser will leave, unless the boss does. He's still quite young and very versatile, a good asset to the squad.

IF we don't go up I think there will be a major clear out from top to bottom.I can't see a 3rd season playing this type of football will happen and IMO PS will go along with a huge part of the current squad.

No disrespect to PS but he has been given a squad of 36+ players to chose from and if that is not good enough to get us up, the end is nigh.

IF we don't go up I think there will be a major clear out from top to bottom.I can't see a 3rd season playing this type of football will happen and IMO PS will go along with a huge part of the current squad.
I'd agree with that John, I don't think RM will tolerate another season in L2 under PS, but I'm still hoping we'll go up.

What he said,it will be the parting of ways,Tilly anyone?:Worthy:

We might have 36 players on the books but how many of them are either injured, kids on loan, or players not good enough!

We don't have 36 available!

I still think we will get promoted anyway!

We might have 36 players on the books but how many of them are either injured, kids on loan, or players not good enough!

We don't have 36 available!

I still think we will get promoted anyway!

The squad was assembled by PS, he therefore must take the blame if we fail.

Back