• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't seem appropriate to jump on the other thread (now closed) but given I occasionally post on here only fair I come out of hiding and say fair play on both results in the Derby this season (unfortunately likely to be the last for a while I suspect)

My main reason for posting though is to thank your support for donations and support in respect of fundraising for Tom Leggett. I'd like to think (hope) our fans would do the same for one of yours but regardless of what else happened on that day it showed some class by your core support.

As for footballing matters I honestly don't think there is much between the teams in respect of performance but the league doesn't lie (although it does look better if you turn it upside down) and the two key differences between us is your defence is more robust (don't suppose we can have White and Coker back?) and you take your chances when they come along.

I can't wish you well for the remainder of the season and hope you miss the play-offs and we somehow scrape a miracle (we'd need promotion form between now and end of season to survive which is hardly likely) and I sincerely hope you have a miserable season from now on but the bragging rights are with you for the next couple of seasons at least.

I actually agree with you. There's wasn't a lot between the two teams until the last few minutes. And don't forget you had 10 men for most of the match.

I thought you played pretty well and can't believe that you're bottom. If you play that well you might have a chance of survival, but I fear it's too late now.

As it is, the reason things improved for us at the end was because my eldest son put his tablet away and asked if we could leave. He did the same at Wembley when we went into injury time at the end of extra time!

There's a pretty good chance you will get a bit of ribbing for coming on here, but I'm glad you did. I'm sure your supporters would have responded in the same way that ours did over Tom Leggett by the way. As for the rest of the season......I hope you survive, but you are going to need some more goals from somewhere because you never looked like scoring on Saturday. We will do our best to **** up any attempt at the play-offs so you never know, the derbies may happen again next year.

Ok, fair play for coming on here etc etc (as Phil would say).
But now slink off and sink back to non league.
Take your chum C&P with you.
You aren't a Shrimper, you wish us to do badly etc etc, go Troll on your own site with the other 7 and a 1/2 mutants sheep worriers.

Last edited:
Not slot between the 2 teams?? 5-0 over 2 games that's a good drubbing in my eyes

Not slot between the 2 teams?? 5-0 over 2 games that's a good drubbing in my eyes

It's called an opinion - I don't question the results merely the performances which I think were far closer than the scoreline suggests (not that it helps with our points tally and league position)

fair play yeah, always interesting how derbies go. Football karma always comes back to bite you on the arse. Seems that in the Essex Derby its not usually a draw. I'm sure you (as in CUFC fans) crowed like hell when you sent us out of the championship a few years back and put three past us on both occasions.

Your fans lapped it up when Barrett tripped on that boggy pile of ***** you called a pitch in 2010 and you won 2-0 and we were relegated again, so its nice that 5/6 years table form and results have been reversed.

I actually sincerely hope you stay up, provided we don't get promoted, actually scrap that - I hope you stay up and we can perhaps do this all again.

I think in general derbies are good for football, full stadiums, matches full of robust challenges and of course the chance you might win! Lets just hope everyone can behave themselves next time.

"Football karma always comes back to bite you on the arse."

Indeed it does - I was at the Col Ewe 0-3 SUFC (my 50th Birthday) and the 3-0 home win that season (2005/2006) ; I was also at the reverse scores a few years later. A fellow shrimper moaned "Now we know how they felt!"

So - enjoy it while it lasts, their time will come.

I thought Colchester were poor first 20-25 mins. Could string passes together, mis-controlling the ball etc but they grew into the game, especially so with 10 men. Our lads stuck to the task and did the bizz in the end

To be very fair, your club was very good to our Trust members who walked from Roots Hall to the Weston Homes a few years back, and were also very decent to our Junior Blues mascots on Boxing Day. Excellent community links and thoroughly well done to them.

Tom's achievement on Saturday was very different and very personal, his reception was thoroughly deserved and very heart felt.

Up until 82nd minute we were doing nothing and they had 10 men. 3-0 as a great result for us, and rather flattering. Not that I care :smile:

Thanks for coming on the zone and all the best for the future. Apologies for our moronic element who are giving you grief here, as you saw on Saturday, we have some complete numpties as fans.

These things go in cycles, you will be back up soon enough. Really glad we did ourselves proud with the Tom Leggett donations.

All the best.

Thanks for coming on the zone and all the best for the future. Apologies for our moronic element who are giving you grief here, as you saw on Saturday, we have some complete numpties as fans.

These things go in cycles, you will be back up soon enough. Really glad we did ourselves proud with the Tom Leggett donations.

All the best.

Are you sure?
The thread starter Col Ewe poster wishes we miss out on the play offs and not to do well AND you thank him.:thumbdown:
I don't think advocating horrendous things happen to his/her whole tribe is quite the way;BUT really there are limits - the competitive stuff isn't just about the players - especially in a derby. Why insult other Shrimpers?
Lawrence - AGAIN - Are you sure?

After Saturday your club can rot in hell.... No wait I hope a nuke drops on it - scum

Scott, one day I hope you get a sense of balance in your views and stop seeing everything in such black and white terms.

As someone that grew up watching football in an era of football violence it would be hypocritcal of me to slate individuals or groups that want to fight each other (it's happened throughout time at football, inter-schools, and most town centre's on a Friday/Sat night unfortunately) but the poor behaviour on Saturday wasn't restricted to one side.

Both sides were involved in scuffles with stewards, both sides were shouting abuse, you had a couple got on the pitch, we had some idiots that tried (and apologies I don't know if they did or didn't get close) to get to Bolger and also threw objects into your home support. Neither of our "elements" covered themselves in glory but that vast majority in the ground created a decent atmopshere, demonstrating rivalry, some banter which makes a refreshing change from the sterile atmospheres at many games. There is a lot of evidence available which confirms this, some on social media, plenty on the CCTV at the stadium and a growing amount with Essex Police. There will be consequences for numerous fans of both CUFC and SUFC and, unfortunately for one or both clubs too.

For someone that has more than a passing interest in football hooliganism in the past Scott I'm slightly suprised at your hyperbole reaction to the events of Saturday, I'm sure you've seen much worse before and wishing a "nuke" on a part of the county because of it really just makes you sound rather juvenille and an odd thing for someone who has been on the SUFC Supporters Trust, the prominent member of TBV and a person that gets an occasional meeting with senior people at your club.

Back