• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fair play to Birmingham

Billy Bests boot laces

President⭐⭐
Read on the club site that Brum have agreed to move our game back 24 hours to sat 23rd due to us playing at spurs on the weds. Give credit when it's due cause if i had been in their shoes i would'nt have done so as in theory they lose an advantage cause we'd be more knackered playing on the friday night. And more importantly it gets me out of a boring shopping marathon on the saturday.

But it also gains them the advantage of more fans likely to travel now. Rather then getting home in the early hours of the morning.

But Cheers to them anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Billy Bests boot laces @ Nov. 16 2006,15:36)]Read on the club site that Brum have agreed to move our game back 24 hours to sat 23rd due to us playing at spurs on the weds. Give credit when it's due cause if i had been in their shoes i would'nt have done so as in theory they lose an advantage cause we'd be more knackered playing on the friday night. And more importantly it gets me out of a boring shopping marathon on the saturday.
You're being let off Christmas shopping to go to a footie match? Blimey, you've got your missus well trained!

biggrin.gif

I was going to say, its hardly a chore for them!!.....

I think I am in the minority here, but I hate Friday night games, absolutely cannot stand them. Football is all about the Saturday afternoon, the build up in the morning and then the thrill of racing back to the car to hear on the radio your closest rivals have lost!

As for Birmingham, it would be a massive pain in the crutch for there fans to travel down here on a Friday night, something which we dont seem to take into consideration when we continue with our obsession with Friday night football.

Birmingham and there fans will be over the moon this has been reverted back to a Saturday, which it should have remained in the first place!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 16 2006,17:12)]I was going to say, its hardly a chore for them!!.....

I think I am in the minority here, but I hate Friday night games, absolutely cannot stand them. Football is all about the Saturday afternoon, the build up in the morning and then the thrill of racing back to the car to hear on the radio your closest rivals have lost!
Maybe in the 1950s. Football has changed. Saturday afternoons aren't good for everyone (people who work in the betting industry for example. Like, erm, me) so it makes sense to move things about a bit.

Saturday at 3pm is still the optimum time for a football match, I accept that but to rule out other times, in particular Friday nights, is blinkered.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 16 2006,17:12)]I think I am in the minority here, but I hate Friday night games, absolutely cannot stand them.  Football is all about the Saturday afternoon, the build up in the morning and then the thrill of racing back to the car to hear on the radio your closest rivals have lost!
I'm with you in that minority.

The less games to make a frantic dash from work to the better. I still love the whole Saturday build up etc. Saturday is football day.
smile.gif

Back