• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
Last night gave me a fimiliar feel to the last time we were promoted under Tilly. Great football 100% commitment and the stands all in unison.

Play like last night in the playoffs and we will go up.

The only other thought that springs to mind is that again we could have a huge points tally and not get the autos.

Last time we got shafted in a replayed match at Aldershot.

This season I said at the time when we played Wimbledon at there place and were denied a certain goal that it would cost us in the same way. I still think that's the case.

For me a bit of Cod Plaice Deja Vu has crept in too.
I can imagine it now at The Globe Arena listening to the other results and needing Bury or WW to draw or lose while we need to win.........and the minutes click down, people are all on to their IT gadgets for the unfolding drama:sad:.

Home fans encroach the pitch before full time.

And as Tommy states we have thrown away some sure points in some very winnable games this season.

I beg to differ in previous promotion seasons (I go back to mid 80s) we pretty much had it all in our own hands....we need a Wycombe slip up to even give us a sniff, I know it's not impossible but I am gearing up for the play offs and hoping for the mini miracle to happen with Wycombe.

Last night gave me a fimiliar feel to the last time we were promoted under Tilly. Great football 100% commitment and the stands all in unison.

The only other thought that springs to mind is that again we could have a huge points tally and not get the autos.

This season I said at the time when we played Wimbledon at there place and were denied a certain goal that it would cost us in the same way. I still think that's the case.

If we'd played like last night all season we'd probably be up by now.

My worry is that we are on a good winning run. If this is to stop before the end of the season we need to bounce back instantly, not have a few draws like has happened so many times before with a side losing their streak

I sat with Dons friends in the main home stand side that night (virtually on the line - two seats off it)
I confirm it went over the line - Dons fans around me - including Rodney Marsh and pals chortled - lino and ref miles away

I agree that those two points dropped will now just cost us
or any of these (or more)
12th minute injury time pen by our local boy last night
Burton away three at the back gamble
Last ten mins v Wycombe
However playing well and still confident

PS Adam's old school black Predators make me very proud - if anyone has earned the right to wear coloured boots its Adam - the only black boots on show last night

Odd last night. A lot of talk about PB possibly going to Pompey and we play our best game. Cue conspiracists.

My worry is that we are on a good winning run. If this is to stop before the end of the season we need to bounce back instantly, not have a few draws like has happened so many times before with a side losing their streak

I see this as a win/win. If we slip up, have an off game, we are in the playoffs and can bounce back.

If we win all our games then we will be promoted. I honestly can't see Wycombe and Bury winning all their matches.

In fact I don't see any team doing that. There is still a surprise somewhere, I can see it happening.

Back