• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Family areas

BriggBlue

Schoolboy
I'm very tempted to bring my 3 year old daughter to the game on Saturday (please don't call childline on me), living up north this will involve a long drive, (which will be fine), but I'm more curious as to which of the family areas of roots hall would be best for her first experience at the home of football. My initial thoughts are the west stand area mainly because the south lower was a bit of a dive when I used to sit there as a teenager nearly 20 years ago.

Any advice would be greatly recieved, tbh she's more excited about seeing Sammy than the game but given our performances this season I'm tempted to agree with her....

South lower is the family stand. Not the best view but I think the West may be a bit much for her at a young age. If she gets bored (like mine) they can muck about without causing too much trouble for others.

Me and my grandkids have seasons in the West Family (South Bank end). Loads of kids in there and a great family atmosphere. Good view too except for the odd post.

Family stand is also at the end of the West stand, you should be fine in there, view is better and Sammy usually comes over so she should see him.

I sit in the West (family) with my 6 year old son. View is OK and you don’t normally have to que for a burger.
Tip bring loads of sweets and an iPad in case she gets bored!!

West Family stand, just avoid the first couple of rows because; you wont be able to see the pitch because of the wall & if it rains you'll both get soaked

I'm very tempted to bring my 3 year old daughter to the game on Saturday (please don't call childline on me), living up north this will involve a long drive, (which will be fine), but I'm more curious as to which of the family areas of roots hall would be best for her first experience at the home of football. My initial thoughts are the west stand area mainly because the south lower was a bit of a dive when I used to sit there as a teenager nearly 20 years ago.

Any advice would be greatly recieved, tbh she's more excited about seeing Sammy than the game but given our performances this season I'm tempted to agree with her....
My advice is regardless of where you sit make sure you do something else she enjoys that is a treat. Ie lunch, visiting something else , doing I spy in the car, whatever. It doesn’t matter That way if/when she falls out of love with football she may still like the day out for other reasons.

I didn’t do the above and regretted it

My advice is regardless of where you sit make sure you do something else she enjoys that is a treat. Ie lunch, visiting something else , doing I spy in the car, whatever. It doesn’t matter That way if/when she falls out of love with football she may still like the day out for other reasons.

I didn’t do the above and regretted it

I did that with one of mine on their second match. Before the match we went to the seafront fun park, slots, pier, had fish n chips and an ice cream and had a lovely time. I then said it was time to go to the match and he cried.

I did that with one of mine on their second match. Before the match we went to the seafront fun park, slots, pier, had fish n chips and an ice cream and had a lovely time. I then said it was time to go to the match and he cried.
That made me laugh, imagine if you had started bringing a son/ daughter 12 games ago?. Their love affair with SUFC would be likely to be very short

Let’s face it mate, the whole place is a bit of a dive. I love the old girl as much as the rest of you but Roots Hall is falling apart at the seams. If Ron’s dream doesn’t materialise soon then we’ll have to invest some money into some badly needed maintenance.

Back