• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Upminster Blue

Manager
I twisted a friend's arm to go yesterday and to take his 6 year old son along on the grounds of the family day and "it's only £12".

On the way to the ground the 6 year old is depressingly chanting "Arsenal, Arsenal" ad nausem.  He tells me Southend don't have a proper football team and then as we park up in Prospects he exclaims "That can't be the ground, it looks like a bus garage!".  Hhmm, this is not going well I think.

Anyway, I meet up with my friend and his son after the game.  The six year old has his face painted, was thrilled with his goodies, didn't stop singing "Southend, Southend" all the way home and was pestering his dad to take him again.  He's being signed up for the RBS under sevens go free scheme on Monday  
biggrin.gif

Really topped off my day and gave me a warm glow that we've hopefully recruited another Shrimper.

A very big well done to the club for the Family fun day.

Good top hear stories like this and I know the lads who packed the goody bags all week will be really chuffed that it's been worth it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 18 2005,18:44)]Good top hear stories like this and I know the lads who packed the goody bags all week will be really chuffed that it's been worth it.
Feel free to pass on my thanks.

Oh, and I forgot to say that the 6 year old said after the game that it was way better than the Arsenal game he had seen (Charity Shield at the Millenium Stadium) - closer to the pitch, better atmosphere and a FAR more exiciting game.

These goody bag things. Are they only given out by the main entrance or do they also have some at the entrance for the west as well.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not paticularly fussed that my son didn't one (unless theres a PSP in it
tounge.gif
) but we entered the ground at about 1.50 and there was no sign of any bags then.
There wasn't even that many kids in the ground by then either.

The army were giving them out just as people went through the turnstiles all around the ground and there we none left so I guess you must have missed them. We did 1,000 and they were probably the best ones yet.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Sep. 18 2005,19:10)]The army were giving them out just as people went through the turnstiles all around the ground and there we none left so I guess you must have missed them. We did 1,000 and they were probably the best ones yet.
OK fair enough, thanks for the reply.

But you still didn't say if there was a PSP in them.

Not only a PSP but a load of games as well. Sorry you missed out but if it makes you feel better I'm playing my one now and it's excellent.

tounge.gif

Scarfs, Flags, Sweets, Coca Cola thundersticks, part hooters, posters, key rings.

I tell you what. I may not be 8 but i still would have had some of that!
sad.gif
wink.gif

So can we have adult giftbags in the future? I'll leave it up to you as to how you interpret the word "adult" though!

Back