• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Famine...here we go again !

I never said it was easy, I was asking if it was feasible. Spain runs water from the north to the drier south so why can't the same be done in Africa all be it on a grander scale.
Libya tried it in the 80s and 90s . It was called the great man made river, development was held up for a while when the U.S. Bombed one of the pipelines in the mountains because they thought they were missile silos

How much cash have the Uk thrown into this madness during the last decade...100 billion...then add every other country with their hand out...total over a trillion quid,yet it achieved nothing.

money rules ok.
South Sudan have not been existence for 10 years. international aid requests from South Sudan were 1 bn in 2015 and again in 2016, they got 63 pct in the first year and 88 pct in the second.
That's $1.5bn from the UN not just the UK

I don't know where to start when it comes to debating this with you. You don't appear to want to believe anything that is reported from reputable news agencies or Official UN reports. Instead you demand to see the evidence. I actually think it doesn't really matter what happens on the African continent because its not something you care about or contribute financially to. That's your choice obviously but for what it's worth here's a BBC web page reporting on South Sudan where the country has declared a famine in parts of it's country.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-39025927

BBC webpage:hilarious:.....The BBC are nothing more than a Government propaganda machine churning out untrue stories in order to scare or make us donate to whatever cause they tell us.

BBC webpage:hilarious:.....The BBC are nothing more than a Government propaganda machine churning out untrue stories in order to scare or make us donate to whatever cause they tell us.

But they are merely reporting what an African State Government have announced. And with this post I'm taking my leave of this topic.

But they are merely reporting what an African State Government have announced. And with this post I'm taking my leave of this topic.

I understand you dont wish to debate which is fine,yet the only evidence you can offer is an African Government has said its true and the media also state its true.....today's news reckon 16 million are at "risk"....16 million did they count them all,where is the footage to back up these claims,everything I have seen is such small scale it could easily be a couple of children with the flu.

Interesting how the media increase the figures...on Monday they were saying 2 million were in danger,today it's 16 million.

I understand you dont wish to debate which is fine,yet the only evidence you can offer is an African Government has said its true and the media also state its true.....today's news reckon 16 million are at "risk"....16 million did they count them all,where is the footage to back up these claims,everything I have seen is such small scale it could easily be a couple of children with the flu.

Interesting how the media increase the figures...on Monday they were saying 2 million were in danger,today it's 16 million.

Someone really should take your aside and tell you to stop typing.

6 million (in danger of starvation) according to the Guardian.

Back