• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
There have been a couple of threads on here recently where Colchester's stadium has featured along with Elton John. Whilst Elton is not a Col Ewe fan (not many are), it got me wondering how many famous/well known people follow, or pretend to follow the Blues.

The only name I can think of presently is Terry Alderton, but there must be others, surely? Not sure where this thread may go, but if there are enough ‘names’ around, what’s the chances of a concert/show at the Hall, I wonder?

So come on, who knows what or who?

Alison Moyet is the only other obvious one which springs to mind. Think Phil Jupitus has been seen at games although pretty sure he's a Spammer.

Who's that other comedian, little skinny bloke with mad black hair who wears makeup. Has been on soccer AM wearing a blues scarf? Russell someone? Kane, maybe? Anyway, he's a shrimper..

Wasn't there a rumour that Phill Jupitas is a shrimper?

Certainly seen Phil Jupitas and more recently Terry Alderton at home games, also from the sporting world (Tennis) the Lloyd brothers John and David. At away games I have even seen Paul 'Wino' Marshal and on the rare occasion Phil Cox! :stunned:

I've seen Phil Cornwell (DJ Dave Clifton of Radio Norwich/Alan Partridge fame) on the phone outside the club shop a few times

... But he also hosts a spurs podcast so he's definitely a floater.

I once saw Phil Gridelet outside a pub before a game*.

*FAOD he wasn't actually playing. Also when I say game, it was a major cup final. Matt the Shrimp and Chris Powell were amongst his entourage.

I saw major Hollywood star Kevin O'Callaghan* watching quite a few games in the early 90s.

He was standing watching from what must have been some sort of VIP enclosure as was standing so close to the touchline he was virtually on the pitch. I was hoping the ball would once go to him, but it never did.

I think he might have been there watching his fellow Hollywood A-Lister Andy Ansah who was playing at the time for us. Ansah also once brought along some guy whose name escapes me from Dream Team.

*Star of Escape to Victory

Back