• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Famous relations

So I've been told. My mum's cousin was Teddy Johnson who with his wife Pearl Carr, represented the UK and finished 2nd in the 1959 Eurovision Song contest with "sing little Birdie"

He was also a DJ on Radio Luxenboug and Radio Two

My Grandad on my Mums side is a cousin I think to Alcock (could be brown but its one of them) of Alcock and Brown fame who made the first non stop tran atlantic flight.

My other grandad told me that were related to Graham Gooch and my Nans surname was Gooch so this is quite possible but I dont know if that is really true.

My wifes, Dads brother was security advisor to Saddam Hussain in Iraq in the 80's. He fled to America in 1990.

World famous author Dad of DtS claims to be my father,but I am holding out hope I am the milkmans.

Very tenuous, my aunt's eldest stepdaughter, Rachel, is the partner of Pete Townshend. My other half can do a bit better, his 2nd cousins are the wife of Joel, lead singer of the Rifles and her brother (also obviously his cousin) is Johnnie Jackson, captain of Charlton. I believe there are more links from their times living in Covent Garden.

My aunts great great grandma was Florence Nightingale

My wife's cousin is cousin to someone in corrie

Not sure having a pop novel privately published really counts.:winking:As it happens our other brother has also published(again privately)a guide to investment banking.:omg:Perhaps i should get my finger out?:unsure:

I always suspected you were a disappointment to the family:winking:

ps Think I've found the get your finger out smiley :finger:

Really?Do tell third cousin Bobby that BBBC is a great player when you see him next.:winking:

:clap:

My first wifes sisters husband was 2nd cousin to Rula Lenska who attended their wedding with her then husband Dennis Waterman. She was the life and soul of the party, he was a ******. My half brother funded the inventor who invented the Creepy Crawly that cleaned the scum of the side of swimming pools, he made a fortune out of it.

Not me but Southend Elvis who used to post on here is related to Lee Stafford the hairdresser to the stars. My claim to fame was that I broke his nose many years ago before he started his career in hairdressing but was well on his way to being a full time twot.

Yeah - he's still touring I think. Nice chap. My Nan's maiden name is Gibbons.

IIRC there was a story about his wedding in the Echo a few years back, he married a very blonde and toothsome California girl. At school he formed a band called The Cents. Good bloke and a short arse like me.

Back