• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufclee

Coach
Most of you are probably aware of the great work Ryan Murrant does, especially with the young fans etc. Each game on Twitter he asks for fans of both clubs if they want the opportunity to come and sit in the dug outs whilst teams are warming up, have photos etc. Phil Brown and the lads did their usual of signing autographs, photos etc. Graham Westley to show appreciation of his travelling supporters chose to do none of this and asked his fans to get out of the dug out.

We as a club do indeed get a lot wrong when it comes to ticketing etc, however Ryan and his #fanengagement drive deserve a lot of credit and many other clubs could learn a lesson or two from us in terms of how to look after your fans in this respect.

Well done for highlighting the great work done by the general club staff. I do think they have made great strides to get everyone working on making the match day experience better.
I believe the league have recognised several areas that the club excel in and I am sure that with more time, staff and money the club would make further improvements; especially when we get to FF.

100% right! my son Ben actually read the teams out today. second time he has done it. A real privilege and a priceless moment. The Stevenage lad was there as well until Westley told him to do one. Ryan was very disappointed about this but Westley didn't give a ****. I've thanked Ryan numerous times about the work he does and often with one hand tied behind his back. The club is doing its best to engage with the community and the younger fans, who let's face it are the future of the club.

Ryan works extremely hard on the PR side of the club and I think has been the instigator of a lot of great initiatives to get younger fans involved. It's a real shame that Westley doesn't have the grace and good manners to go along with involving youngsters.

Large and very angry :raspberry: in his direction.

Agreed, if god hadn't blessed us with Steve Evans I think he would be THE most vile person in football.

This. An utter charlatan. Hopefully they will get relegated again and banished back to the regional league hellhole they crawled out of.

Westley is a non league manager punching well above his weight. A cretin of the highest order. His and his assistant's antics on the touchline today were scandalous

Personally I can understand that travelling managers might not be best pleased to find some fans in the dugout when they're trying to get their team ready and warmed up. However it does seem he threw his toys out of the pram a little when the initiative has good intentions - especially if he was warned in advance.

Personally I can understand that travelling managers might not be best pleased to find some fans in the dugout when they're trying to get their team ready and warmed up. However it does seem he threw his toys out of the pram a little when the initiative has good intentions - especially if he was warned in advance.

From what was said above, this was one of his OWN supporters though and that is an unforgivable way to behave to one of your own youngsters.

Just an all round horrible club with deluded fans,yesterday being the perfect example from them singing your support is ****ing **** to us,have a look at your attendances, really not that great,anyway welcome back to L2.

I read Westley's Cv/ history in the programme notes and he is, certainly objectionable and easy to dislike, single minded and determined. He has however made a good career for himself from a little non league playing and then managing roles.

Interesting.

I was speaking to a friend in the Spread after the game and he was talking about Westley's antics in the dugout during the game. He has just bought his first season tickets for himself and his young daughter and they are quite close to the away dugout, his daughter wasn't able to be there yesterday and he was musing as the whether or not he should try to move seats to protect his daughter's young ears or whether the comedy value and her future education outweighed the possible damage.:blush: He reckoned that the language being used and the attitude towards the officials was something to behold; I told him that if it happened in future he might consider making a complaint to a steward......:whistling:

Back