• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
The last 2 games show what we, as fans, can do.

On Saturday I think we played a huge part in cheering the players forward after Hurst was sent off and this must have a positive effect on the team. When a player is cheered and encouraged they will often dig deep to find that extra ounce of effort that so often gives the edge.

Last Saturday the SUFC fans kept going all night, certainly the best away support I have witnessed and I include Southampton away and Doncaster away in that as they were both euphoria and support in adversity; last night we went 1-0 down very early and the incredibly vocal support a) helped the players keep it at that score and b) again, after going down to 10, drove them forward to get the 2 goals.

Pompey are renowned for having passionate and vocal fans. The 775-odd fans - cracking effort on a Tuesday and may have topped 800 if the A3 had been open - outsung them.

Top, top effort.

Now lets keep it going. We CAN be the 12th man.

Blue Army!

:thumbsup: Agreed, last night was immense despite the early goal against us, It was visible at the final celebrations how appreciative the players and staff were.

Always proud to be a shrimper but exceptionally so last night

UTB

:clap::Worthy: Absolutely p****d off I could'nt make it and it was'nt a saturday fixture. Sounds like a fantastic turnout. Thanks for helping the lads to victory !!

Looking at the other L2 matches last night, a lot of very local derbies ie Fleetwood v Accrington(38 miles), Burton v Mansfield(32 miles), Wimbledon v Dagenham(25 miles), Cheltenham v Bristol R(39 miles) & Torquay v Plymouth(34 miles). Very, very poor crowds for all of em !

:happy:UTS

Back