• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
After a bit of miscommunication between Ryan Murrant and me on twitter, where he thinks the Fan Experience Co is some kind of visionary, despite a) it being done in the US for years and b) GK doing it years before in other areas, I acknowledged yes he's right, it is important and yes it's great that the club supports it. (Of course they would, it's effective and low cost).

But really, fan engagement is nothing without good fans. And I think that despite us losing three of our Southend family recently, we have come together to show our common sympathy and understanding as a group.

That doesn't need marketing or twitter hashtags. That just needs the love of the common man and we have proven it over the last few weeks hugely.

I am immensely proud to be a Southend fan, and I know I made the right decision when I as a kid to support them.

Fan engagement? Pah. Fan awesomeness.

Players, managers and chairmen come and go but the fans are the one loyal part of every club.

Our fans support the club by investing time and loads of money to keep the club going ---- not someone putting in money to make a profit.

Long live the fans.

The stuff Ryan Murrant is doing is bloody excellent. Long may it continue. Great appointment by the club.

My one dealing with Ryan he was spot on to be fair. Went out of his way to help after I moaned about the season ticket fiasco where we had our season ticket cards removed twice in a season and were told we had to collect them from the North Stand before games (Not ideal for non-locals that park and sit by the West).

think ryan has been excellent everything fan engagement wise has Massively improved imo. Y es it helps we have good fans but really do think you are not given him the credit he deserves.

Stuff Ryan is doing has been done before, just don't think it's been as widely public as it is now. I know ex-CEO Garry Adamson consulted with several different groups of Southend supporters on different aspects of the club, and I know club representatives players especially) have been expected to do things in the community - plenty of school visits that I know of that didn't get publicised.

What Ryan is doing is providing a focal point for it all, and that means all the publicity that can be generated is done so in a consistent way....i.e. the #fanengagement thing.

Back