• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Fans Around the World

I am also living in Norway, in Arendal on the South Coast.

Apart from me, there are not any Southend fans here. But last year during the Hove music festival in the town here I met two Southend supporters who were working selling (festival) T-shirts.

It's taken me this long to build up the courage - and, given the harsh proff reading on Shrimperzone - practice my English/grammar as I had the fortune to attend Fairfax High.

I've attended a several games over recent years but sadly I can't remember the last time I saw us win (could be the mists of time, or it could be the beer). I'm currently back in town and I was at the game on Saturday so I've made a decision to stay away tomorrow, just in case. Not superstitious, knock wood.
Don't stay away AS, if you're in town surely you have to come watch! I couldn't stop myself!

------------------------------------------

Also a big welcome to the new guys popping their heads in, no-one take shot now..

I am also living in Norway, in Arendal on the South Coast.

Apart from me, there are not any Southend fans here. But last year during the Hove music festival in the town here I met two Southend supporters who were working selling (festival) T-shirts.

Welcome as well!

Put your name down if you're residing in another country or know of one who is. So far in this thread we have identified:

• England - Theres a few
  • Scotland - 2 [GlasgowSUFC & Aberdeen Shrimper (must be more, but I know for a fact these two)]
  • Republic of Ireland - 1 [Irish_Shrimper (Do your mates support the team I_S? I'm sure you brought a couple last game)]
  • Canada 1 - [canada shrimper]
  • Spain - 2 [Spanishshrimper & Mike, I forget his username..]
  • Wales - 2 [Swansea Shrimper & North Wales Shrimper]
  • Czech Republic - 1 [Prague Blue]
  • Holland - 1 [Einstein]
  • Australia - ? [Perth Shrimper]
  • Japan - 2 [SamuraiBlue & Tokyo Blue]
  • USA - ? [Seth & Arizona Shrimper]
  • France - 1 [Dept36]
  • Belgium 1 - [Hector of the House]
  • Turkey - 2 [turkishm & unkown]
  • Brazil - 1 [Bazza the dog]
  • Sweden - 1 [Shrimpergarry's wife's family]
  • Malta - 1 [Overseas Shrimper]
  • Crete - 1 [andyblue]
  • Italy - 1 [SouthendersTrueFaith's wife's family]
  • Norway - 2 [blueparrot & Arendal Blue]
  • Cyprus - 1 [Mick Dalgarno]

Well theres a start. Either I can edit this post or someone can quote it and remove the quote tags (to give the code of the message).

Surprised theres no Germans.

Last edited:
Surprised theres no Germans.

I regularly travel to Germany - I have set up an exchange link between the school I work at and a German school. I have taken the German teacher who usually stays with me to the final games of the last two seasons at home to Bristol City and away here in Southampton, so he usually follows our progress!

Does that count?

Also, IF we make it to Wembley, I'm going to take two colleagues from Australia along, as they would love to watch a big classic football match.

Two of us here in Sao Paulo, myself and obviousley her indoors has been converted into a shrimper. She had the choice of pledging her love to the blues or getting a good backhander from the dog, she wisely chose the second option.

By the way Sao Paulo Shrimper and Barry the dog are the same person.

First Post

First post after many months of observing. Just to let you know that there's at least one Blues fanatic in the Comminges, south-west France. Will be listening to blues world tommorow night if I fail to get live streaming on the computer.
First match FA Cup Man City in the fifties. Last match Leeds United in January. Next match, play-off final at Wembley????

Loads of first timers coming on today in response to this thread - welcome everyone, the more the merrier!

Excellent to see a whole load of new Shrimpers exiled throughout the world on here. For those who are new to the board (i.e. haven't been lurking since the turn of the year) and fancy getting involved with contributing to both the SUFC Exiles shirt sponsorship and all clubbing in together to get a Blue Voice/SUFC Exiles flag in time for the start of next season then drop me a PM.

PS: Fred, you've missed A Century United (formerly Shrimp in a Kilt) off the Scottish Shrimpers contingent. Tom is the most northerly of us, an hour north of Inverness.

Last edited:
Greetings from the land of the unexpected !!! Papua New Guinea !!!! If you want to know where that is, just north of Australia.

Come on you Shrimpers,

Puk Puk Shrimper

Greetings from the land of the unexpected !!! Papua New Guinea !!!! If you want to know where that is, just north of Australia.

Come on you Shrimpers,

Puk Puk Shrimper

You're making this up now!

Either that or I reckon you are in upstream oil.

Certainly not making this up !! Its now 9.11am on Friday morning in sunny Port Moresby and no not in oil !!!

Been supporting the Shrimpers for 50 years,

pukpuk shrimper

Certainly not making this up !! Its now 9.11am on Friday morning in sunny Port Moresby and no not in oil !!!

pukpuk shrimper

My brother has done a couple of assignements in PM. Fantastic place to live, he says.

Really good to see so many new posters popping up from the most unexpected places. I hope that you all continue to post now you have started.

:)

pukpuk shrimper

Ah well, shows you what I know. I consider myself relatively well travelled but have sadly never been to Papa New Guinea, and the only time I've ever heard Puk Puk was in reference to oil rigs.

puk puk is pidgin for crocodile which are very prevalent here. We even have them on the local golf course !! Pidgin is the local language which is a cross between English and German.

Unfortunately we don't get any tv coverage here, only ESPN out of Singapore who sometimes show highlights of the Championship games.

Have a great time tonight, or tomorrow at Roots Hall. Incidentally, I did notice that on an ESPN sports football game show their, that one of the teams was called Roots Hall !!! I guess there may be some Shrimpers fans there as well.

Back